pan dome surprise - tr added

Steddy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clintoris, i know you're psyched, but this one is no guarantee.

my suspicion is that it's lately been fed by warm days and coldish nights (snow above), but i've seen it fall apart in a day before, even in the midst of winter snow storms.

any other theories as to its existence right now?

No chest beating, just a good ol' time --

Today's fun started by helping direct traffic at mile 18 (deming - distinct curve) on 542 where a 7 mo. pregnant mommy had just collided with a couple rock stars.

With the situation under control, Pete and I continued the drive to sunny Mt. Baker land. Yes, the falls were looking fine - sweet deal. 6923pan_dome_at_base.jpg

Flaking out the ropes, I narrowly missed getting a good (better) rip on Pete.

-- Puking or postholing?

6923puking_or_post_holing.jpg

The lead game was on; a bit of shiot to deal with, but all in all, ice was fine and the screwing was good. thumbs_up.gif

6923pdf_first_tier.jpg

A few TR laps had to follow since it was what the doctor ordered. We embraced the opportunity to add to the pub club genre of photos such as those proudly displayed by some people I know. I like to wear those gloves sometimes to poke the turtle head back in. And a big faq-u to bombing my 2nd stats test after acing the first. wazzup.gif

6923you.jpg6923pete_finger_2.jpg

Although getting the mileage in was feeling good, climbing multiple lines and all, it was time to get on something else. The dry, Tool Shed climbs could wait (although they like freezing temps) since there was ice and that needs to be taken advantage of around here.

The Tabasco Kid was a great way to finish 'er off; nice and spicy today.

6923tabasco_1.jpg

Finally, the Kokanee was calling, the gapers were no longer getting sick air in the flats, and dusk was approaching. Today was good. smile.gif

6923cheers2.jpg

...and the ice was dry. grin.gif

...and then we got to see forest fire high in the hills between Glacier and Maple Falls. confused.gif

The roman wall part was fine, it was the traverse across the snowfield and the rap down to the anchor in snow that was up to my chest. I'm glad to hear you were bale to lead it, I wouldn't have the day we were there, the ice was thin, and wet, and I don't think a screw would have held a fall. I would like to climb it again.

how was it ???

(buszowski-kippan)

i didn't expect it to be sweet and didn't feel great at the base, but a little bouldering convinced me it would be OK (i had driven by last week - photo at wci.com). it demanded a cool head, but made for a fun day nonetheless. had to bust ice sheets, pull on blobs, think about what pro where the whole time, etc.

anyone PM for specifics. will throw up a photo later.

pax, it was satisfying to see it (pan dome) finally look this good this year. nice new avatar.

p.s. it was still good sunday.

Edited by Steddy