New Rubber

Toast

My tire's are dangerously bald, and it's time for me to procure some new rubber for my car... just in time for the winter season [smile]

Now I've been doing some shopping and I'm totally confused. I know Bridgestone Blizzak's are the shit for passenger mud and snow rated tires, but they don't come in my car's size (205/50/R15). Besides, I really just need a good set of all season radials that will perform well over the pass and provide security in wet conditions and in snow on plowed roads. I've got a speedy little VW that's not exactly built for off road driving, but it's fun on the road and is what's gonna get me up the pass this season.

Right now, I'm looking at a set of Goodyear GT II's and Bridgestone Potenza RE 910's. The price diff between them is significant. Do any of you have either of these, and do you have any feedback? If not, what kind of rubber do you run on, and are you happy with it?

Thanx in advance... It's Friday and time to [big Drink]

[ 10-25-2002, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Toast ]

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend Kevin (big time lurker) swears up and down about Toyo(?) Resolves. Much to my horror, I can attest that they really work well. Kevin first thing in the morning heading out ice climbing has the wonderful habit of slamming on his breaks on icey, curvey roads going about 40 mph to test if the tires are working. Needless to say since I'm still alive and the tires work well. Maybe he'll actually log on and give the details. [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by TimL:

Kevin first thing in the morning heading out ice climbing has the wonderful habit of slamming on his breaks on icey, curvey roads going about 40 mph to test if the tires are working.

Seems to be akin to jumping off a dicy ice screw placement to see if the damn thing'd hold [hell no]

Glad you're still surviving, though [rockband]

[ 10-25-2002, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Toast ]

Hey, let's get this back on track [Wink] I wasn't asking where to buy tires. I was actually asking about specific feedback on two models, the Goodyear GT II and the Bridgestone Potenza RE 910... or feedback on what you like for tires in the mountains.

Now let's go drink and drive [big Drink]

Hey, let's get this back on track [Wink] I wasn't asking where to buy tires. I was actually asking about specific feedback on two models, the Goodyear GT II and the Bridgestone Potenza RE 910... or feedback on what you like for tires in the mountains.

Now let's go drink and drive [big Drink]