ken4ord

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Text Forecast from Environment Canada

Lillooet: Issued 11.00 AM PST Monday 6 December 2004

Today .. Periods of light snow. High zero.

Tonight .. Periods of snow. Amount 2 to 5 cm. Low minus 4.

Tuesday .. Periods of light snow changing to periods of rain mixed with light wet snow late in the day. High plus 3.

Wednesday .. Rain showers or flurries. Low minus 1. High plus 3.

Thursday .. Showers or flurries. Low zero. High 4.

Friday .. Periods of rain or snow. Low zero. High 4.

Duffey, Bridge, and Marble will be colder (by 2ºC to 5ºC), but I bet maybe not quite 'in' yet....

[on the bright side, my first day out last year was the New Years weekend, and it went on to be my most active local season EVER!]

cheers,

you could probably climb isodorth and belmore right now if there wasn't such high avvy risk.

i saw some pictures from a friend who went snowshoeing in the chilliwack valley this weekend, some well-known unclimbed ice located at 700m elevation was half frozen up so i expect that if you go higher there might be some goodies in.

What sets Four Pines aside from the rest?

a cpl bucks cheaper (in the "old" wing).

more places in the room to hang wet gear.

2 blocks closer to the pub in the Reynolds.

BUT, the rooms are bigger in Mile O, so getting together is easier. and cuz more climbers stay there, there's more chance of that happening. and fun is always good.

[oh, and Mile O has a laundromat; 4 Pines does not...]

6 of one, half dozen the other...

cheers,

Climbed Wait For Spring and Deeping Wall in Marble Canyon on Saterday and sunday. The climbs were thin but pretty dry on Saterday and on Sunday Deeping Wall was melting fast. Dales Route left of WFS had ice all the way to the ground but was thin. No pitches of IcyBC touch the ground. Crown lake was cruxy but walkable.

Edited by salbrecher

Climbed Wait For Spring and Deeping Wall in Marble Canyon on Saterday and sunday. The climbs were thin but pretty dry on Saterday and on Sunday Deeping Wall was melting fast. Dales Route left of WFS had ice all the way to the ground but was thin. No pitches of IcyBC touch the ground. Crown lake was cruxy but walkable.

Sweet maybe I am not out of luck for next weekend.

the last time i was in lillooet 2-3 weeks ago it looked like they changed the name of Mugs and Jugs to something new - Good Neighbours or Good Times or something. Hopefully they will have a kitchen again cause the Reynolds only has Molsons on tap and the smell of smoke is horrible. Foods pretty good at the Reynolds cheeburga_ron.gif but with no hockey to watch it is kinda slow in there once you've eaten

the last time i was in lillooet 2-3 weeks ago it looked like they changed the name of Mugs and Jugs to something new - Good Neighbours or Good Times or something. Hopefully they will have a kitchen again cause the Reynolds only has Molsons on tap and the smell of smoke is horrible. Foods pretty good at the Reynolds cheeburga_ron.gif but with no hockey to watch it is kinda slow in there once you've eaten

IT'S NOW GOOD JUGS rockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gif

Four Pines.

agreed, but there's a better social life in the Mile O.

cheers,

rolleyes.gifyelrotflmao.gifwazzup.giflilooet social life hahaha.gifhahaha.gif oh yeah forgot velcro gloves and high boots, the edge of the cliff and salt lick. with the mill closing down and bc rail selling the to canadian pacific i would think that in 5 years that town will be nothing more then a bunch of borded up empty places with amphetamine operation now and then. oh yeah, don't forget the dart tournaments.... the_finger.gif

last time I was in four pines tey didnt have a clock and the beds were singles and one was in front of the washroom.

I never went back.

Mile o is where its at.

AS far as blackcomb goes I thnnk its gonna warm up quite a bit this week, then maybe get cooler after the weekend.

High of 11 in van on friday, and a 2700m freezing level. Ouch.