Link Cams

EWolfe

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks like the cam has three stages and when the crack gets too small, then wider cam gets out of the way. There are three sections for different crack sizes. But it looks like the second "stage" is wider when folded out of the way than the narrowest section on the smallest range "stage". How could one use the smallest range if you can't jam it in very far due to larger second stage? Seems like a easy piece to get stuck due to that. At $90 a pop....ouch

They are using the same arguement that BD uses for their camalots about needing to carry fewer pieces which has been debated alot.

I wish them luck on their new cam and I hope that it fares better than the splitter cam which I though was a good idea too.

I've managed to get my hands on one and play with it quite a bit. It is easy to place and reasonably good action. It is obviously a bit on the heavy side but considering the range it is a fair trade off (particularly on easy alpine climbs where you don't want/need to carry much gear but need to cover a good range of sizes). As an added bonus, the cam is very resistant to walking when placed at the smaller end of the range. This is because of additional lobes in contact with the rock preventing it from having a "pivot point".

I've managed to get my hands on one and play with it quite a bit. It is easy to place and reasonably good action. It is obviously a bit on the heavy side but considering the range it is a fair trade off (particularly on easy alpine climbs where you don't want/need to carry much gear but need to cover a good range of sizes). As an added bonus, the cam is very resistant to walking when placed at the smaller end of the range. This is because of additional lobes in contact with the rock preventing it from having a "pivot point".

Thanks for the info. thumbs_up.gif

How is the action? Seems like it might be jerky or sprung tightly? Geek_em8.gif