Chuckanut Roof Project

Distel32

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the parking there (with yellow gate), you can hike down to the tracks and there are a few problems there that I put up a few years ago from V0-V2 range, put them together you have a 30 foot traverse. Traverse the whole wall low is 3-4 problems linked. More also if you hike north on tracks about 1/2 to 1 mile. There is also a cliff in the woods around there that has some stuff.

We called it Lizard Rock because of all the lizards than lounge on it in the summer. I traversed it north to south.

I've done the whole thing, but I usually start beginning with the overhang to avoid loose rock. After the overhang there is some weirdness Hoodini friction then a feet of acrobatics to stretch (do the splits) under small slopey thing, then it gets easy until a campusing swing and weird pull with total friction trust onto the last easy slab. We also put up a few easier ones going straight up the wall. I have not been able to reverse the traverse. I'll buy someone a beer if they do it. Except for Luke, he's not 21 yet.He gets soda.

The traverse:

3050Lizard_Rock_Traverse_2-med.JPG

The overhanging crux on traverse:

3050Lizard_Rock_Crux-med.JPG

Be careful on the left side (north end) of the wall. A chunk fell off and hit my friend in the leg.

Arete, .5 mile north on Tracks:

3050sick_arete-med.JPG

Those wires are hooked up to a box. if you fall, you get shocked to death. Makes the problem more interesting.

No really. they are hooked up to a box and when they break from falling rock a warning alerts the engineers.

Bills got it wired, is what he is trying to say. hahaha.gifhahaha.gif