"And that's the way it is"

foraker

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are you going to do? Let every evil unchecked because few have been able to beat geurillas in their own backyard? Well I say that if anyone can do it, we can and we will do it. We WILL be safer and the World will know that our threats are not idle.

Well, we got no choice now. I hope you're right! fruit.gifbigdrink.gif

Riiiiiight. We can do it just because we believe we can. Sorry, my view of world politics is not so faith-based.

You gotta pick your battles and your methods of fighting them. Iraq was a poorly-chosen battle and badly fought. Sure, even invincible 'Merica can make mistakes, but we have to know when we make them and change our ways. Bush is ignoring the bad news and refuses to listen to anything other than what he already believes.

If you are not willing to change, then the world will change around you. One day, you wake up and everyone's outsmarted you and your set-in-stone strategy. I don't want my country to end up that way.

Hey ChucK. How about you try and tell me why you think that just because something is hard, we should keep from doing it. Everyone sid we couldn't beat the red-coats and look at us today. If we have a president that is dedicated to winning this thing, we will do it. If you want to be a pessimist about it then fine. If this pessimism has roots in your partisanship then I ask you to use your brain. This is a very important war that I am glad we embarked upon regardless of the reasons we went to war. There are enough reasons for me and just because another nation is "more deserving" of a good old fashioned ass whooping I still stand behind this war and know that we will win.

I said I hope you're right (that we win). What is pessimistic about that!?

I'm not against challenges. I am against gambling with the lives of our countrymen and lots of our money.

If you're going to spend thousands of US casualties and billions of our dollars, then there oughta be an almost guaranteed return. At the very least, you'd better have thoroughly researched the area. You better have a plan for most conceivable alternatives.

Betting thousands of US lives on Chalabi's word that we'd be welcomed with open arms was bullshit. Maybe that's a little too easy to say in hindsight; but Jesus, think about the motives of that guy! Don't you think it might be have been wise to have an alternate plan in case he's just blowing wind up your skirt. Seems pretty obvious to me.

If we have a president that is dedicated to winning this thing, we will do it.

But at what cost? IYO: when is the cost to great?

In terms of what? I think the cost of doing nothing in the long run far outweighs the 1000 troops we have lost. Our inactions in the past cost 3,000 civilians their lives because we failed to move sooner.

I said I hope you're right (that we win). What is pessimistic about that!?

I'm not against challenges. I am against gambling with the lives of our countrymen and lots of our money.

If you're going to spend thousands of US casualties and billions of our dollars, then there oughta be an almost guaranteed return. At the very least, you'd better have thoroughly researched the area. You better have a plan for most conceivable alternatives.

Betting thousands of US lives on Chalabi's word that we'd be welcomed with open arms was bullshit. Maybe that's a little too easy to say in hindsight; but Jesus, think about the motives of that guy! Don't you think it might be have been wise to have an alternate plan in case he's just blowing wind up your skirt. Seems pretty obvious to me.

I am also worried about the billions of dollars and thousands that died as a result of non-action in a mere couple of hours.