Name this rock

Jim_T

Allright all you Oregon adventure climbers - anyone know the name of this rock? It's near the North Umpqua River - just near the intersection of Hwy 138 and FR 28 (Copeland Creek Rd). I believe it is across the river from Eagle Rock, but I don't remember exactly which side of the river it is on because I took a bunch of photos and now I can't remember which is which! crazy.gif

Any info??

4357Acker_Rock_036-med.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No book reading is needed, it is eagle rock. There are climbs, go explore. If people could put up routes in the 60's without a topo, surely someone could climb a route with some sticky shoes and a hand full of those springy shiny things and the wedies without a topo.

P.S. Closed seasonally from January to the end of july for raptors.

• 4 weeks later...
OldManRock is a month late and $100 short, more like ripvanwinkle than oldmandrock.

Yeah Oldman was a little late in his post but it’s not his fault the original picture link was deleted… cut the guy some slack… his contributions to the community well before most of us were climbing… or even born… deserve that.

Case in point: Oldman was 1/2 of the first ascent on that face (with Bob Bauman)... story goes Bob protected the overhang with one pin... have you climbed it? How about the memorial route on Thielsen? Oldman was apart of that also…

It would be a shame to lose contributions to cc from individuals that have accomplished so much.

Peace.

I'm bettin' he has a good enough sense of humor and a thick enough skin to not get run off by a mildly acerbic comment like:

"OldManRock is a month late and $100 short, more like ripvanwinkle than oldmandrock. "

but thanks for playing the role of Mr. Sensitivity NOLSe.

wave.gif

NOLSe,

I was merely pointing out that this had already been decided by my post a month ago. Any one who has climbed there should have been able to recognize the picture. You also don't know me or what I have climbed, what FAs I have put up and the like. For all you know I may not be a climber at all, or perhaps maybe I have climbed for a few decades hunting out all the obscurities of my home state.