So I'm trying to abuse the REI return poicy.....

Blake

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys think you are fucking over the man eh? You think they will lose profits? No. NO. No. They will raise prices. No worries. You are not fucking over REI but rather the same climbers you are trying to solicit advice from here. Grow up and learn to take responsibility for your actions. DOn't try and play the innocent card as your thread title proves your motives. moon.gif

Dude, by the time you finish that master's some guy named Punjab Rangool will be doing the job you thought you would get, in India, for $8k a year. You'll spend a couple of years post grad working throwaway part time jobs and climbing while looking for that career spot. Then one day you'll see it's a losing proposition and go to massage school, where like Polish Bob, you make your money by giving the "happy finish" to balding middle aged men.

Will.......that leaves me speechless wondering what hell must be in the dark recesses of that mind! laugh.gif . I've found a better job right here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3752242.stm

Sperm Bank Donor. Best of all: Mom would be proud that her son was workin in the bank. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Concerning the whole REI thing: I've alwasy thought that the easiest way to sleep at night was to let the golden rule guide you waking actions, ie treat others as you would like to be treated.

(That way, when you need to F* over the group that f*ed you over first, it's already pre-justified:-) grin.gif )

If you make it through life with nobody F*en ya, but in treating others right and getting the same back, then it's a sweet and blissful existance. cantfocus.gif

You guys think you are fucking over the man eh? You think they will lose profits? No. NO. No. They will raise prices.

So we shop somewhere else.

It's more likely they change their return policy and make themselves less competitive.

So then you fuck up a return policy for people that actually use it the way it was intended. There is no way around this. What you are trying to do is wrong and it is your fellow climbers that will suffer from it.

They won't raise prices. But the dividend that I recieve each year will go down. They won't become less competetive. REI has a solid customer base for a reason, despite their problems.

If you return a product that you didn't buy at REI, you are stealing. Period. It gets murkier when you return stuff that you actually bought there. I don't sleep well if I do something inethical, and if I return gear after trashing it in the mountains I feel it is inethical.

Today at work I sawed iron beams apart.

You are a divider, not a builder yelrotflmao.gif

Aye. But once it's sawed into little pieces I get to build a bigger stronger shinier better one, and the tank will finally be fixed. thumbs_up.gif

Stupid engineers who are too lazy to test their designs piss me off. madgo_ron.gif