Exit 38/Little Si

miller

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Si has several routes at World Wall One that stay dry in the rain, with one 5.9 and a few .11s and up. I can't tell ya much about "and up", but maybe Mr. moon.gif can.

Giant, an ".11c" at Exit 38, would stay dry in the rain since it's in a cave, but I dunno about the finishing move out of the cave. It's a really fun route that you could even lead on gear if you wanted (bolted crack), but it's only one route... everything else within a 10-minute hike of Giant (e.g., Amazonia Wall) would likely be oozing slime.

dry or dryish routes

rainy day 11d

juggernaut 10a

reptiles 7/8

chronic 13a

californicator 13a

aborigine 11a

techno 12b

slaborigine left start 10b

lower part o' psycho 11b

full psycho 12c

propaganda 12c

bust a move 12a

hadley roof 13a

bad boy? 11c

Nevermind at E-38 can handle some rain, but seepage eventually happens. World Wall I at E-32 has some big overhangs with protection from elements but you gotta climb hard for the most part except for Reptiles and Amphetamines (5.9) which stays quite dry. But it appears summer is over. cry.gif
Nevermind wall stays remarkably dry. You have to climb 5.10s and up, however.

come on matt, i only pulled stuff down by a LETTER grade, not a number grade...big difference...

Well, maybe a couple of letter grades here and there.....and of course "Reptiles" as a 7/8. But age and injury force me to defend ratings in lieu of chestbeating. cool.gif

I just put on my "rating conversion" glasses when I visit stiff areas. My entries there would include Eldorado, Lumpy Ridge (beware 5.7-5.9 Kor classics), and Granite Mountain, Arizona, where many a Yosemite hardman has been bouted! cry.gif