climb'n shoez for clownz

ivan

so i got monster size 13 feet and just can't make anything smaller fit...i also rip the hell outta my ankles all the time 'cuz i'm a shit climber. i wanna get some of dem fancy shoez that are more like 3/4 tops and protect the ankle, plus they gotta make'em in clown sizes. anybody got suggestions?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also check out the LaSportiva Megas. clownshoes.

think these maybe what i have to go with...i'm kinda pissed at la sportiva though as the last 2 pairs of shoes i had from them all did the same wierd shit, where the entire lower soul delaminated, trashing the entire front toe area of the shoe, leather n' all so as to not be resolable

i looked at a pic of those on the 'net and thought they looked more like boots than climbing shoes. anyone used them and can compare?

otdr_ClimbingShoesLa_SportivaKaukulator_Dru-resized200.jpg

I had a pair of what you have in the pic there. Those are not regular Kaukulators, they are the Kaukulator Dru model. The first Kauks were blue, the second gen were that brown color. So imagine that shoe in the pic, but with a regular smooth rock shoe sole, and you have the reg Kauk.

They replaced it with the Mega. The midsole in the megas and the focus breaks down too easily IMO. My pair of focus were fried after the first resole.

As far as the Drus, I hated mine. I was using them as an aid route shoe, and they weren't comfy enough for long aid routes (probably because I tried to fit them tight enough to climb decently), nor did they climb well enough to make up for it. A compromise shoe that didn't do anything worth a shit. The upper/fit is exactly the same as the reg Kaukulator.

thanks for the info

dave's website was a particular hoot...if i spoke espanol it would be easier to navigate (i like how you say "big wall" in spanish, for example).

You could go to www.barrabes.com then select engrish.

One drawback to Barrabes - there is a 4% duty on all goods shipped. DHL will be kind enough to pay the fee for you, then send you a bill for the 4% plus their $5 handling fee.

Back to big shoes - 5.10 makes most of their shoes in size fricken huge.