• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
chris

Kluane Lake bush plane services?

I heard that Paul Claus/Ultima Thule is having difficulty getting permission to land in Kluane National Park because of new regulations for "international" flights. Does have anyone have contact information for ski-plane services out of Kluane Lake?

wazzup.gifI'm also interested in getting this information as a price check - I've never flown in the Wrangel and St. Elias Ranges with anyone else!

It was $370CND/person/flight this year, landing around Mt Steele area below Mt Walsh.

How did you get to Kluane Lake? Personal car?

from b'ham you could ride the ferry, then hitch from Haines, actually you would probably meet someone on the ferry (3 days)who would give you a ride, or fly to juneau or whitehorse and thumb it / hook up with local climbers/guide types (climbing/guiding school in haines), some of the rafting companies could maybe give you a lift as well

As bDubyaH said it's very easy to hitch from Whitehorse if you fly. At the time I got free flights since my dad works for the airlines so i flew up and met up with the gang in whitehorse. They drove up from Vancouver.

Try Alaska Direct bus. We used em last spring and they were great. $75 P/P

BTW, Andy was $350 P/P US for Logan E. ridge

Edited by syudla

I suggest you pick a peak on the US side and fly with Paul Claus........far more reliable than Andy, has better equipment and there is no shortgage of peaks to select from.

I was just at Kluane lake last week, and yes, Andy Williams of Silver City is the most recommended pilot. Also try Alpine Aviation, Gerd Mannsperger and Dick Watts (867) 668-7725 , or alpine@polarcom.com and possibly Alkan Air, 867-668-2107 in lovely downtown whitehorse.