Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

It's really nice up there. I will be back
[big Drink]

Kinda funny that I could not find anyone to join us. Maybe next year
[rockband]

What about Dennis Harmon? I actually spoke to the elusive DH in person on Ray's cell phone [Eek!]

That's Ha Ling Peak (aka Chinaman's Peak) NE Face route 5.6 12 pitches (really like 8 pitches)

It's right out of Canmore. You can take more difficult variations. The climb is detailed in Bow Valley Rock.

The rack can consist of quickdraws and or pro up to 1.5 inches. The walk is about 3/4 of a mile from the road.

[ 08-27-2002, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

DFA there is a 18-pitch*, 5.10d sport route just around the corner there for ya... it is called Sisyphus Summits but everyone calls it Sissy Summits because of all the silly bolts.

* set up as 25 m pitches but everyone links them together and climbs it as about 11 50m pitches

So you can climb Ha Ling and still not have to deal with scary lycra-filling events like placing Tri Cams or clipping rusty pitons [big Grin]

When I am out that way again I want to do the 4 pitch 5.7 trad route that goes into the tunnel behind the waterfall. It's east of Lake Ohara an exit or two (just before Field , then north. Cant remember the name but everybody talked about it something like Tatakwa Falls (sure to have the spelling wrong). People rave about the tunnel but not the rock. [Wink]

Caveness and Dru - thanks mucho mucho!

It's not that the Doctor doesn't enjoy wilderness, placing gear, or multi-pitching, it's just that he prefers tendon-trashing sport gymnastics with plenty of bolts most of the time. But that there looks too damn good. And at 5.6, actually doable, as DFA's trad limit is so far about 5.9.

And there's a SPORT route up there, too?! [Eek!] Yowza! Just need to figure out where the hell Canmore is (Alberta, no? Up in, uh, what is it; Canada or something?), and get BG to dust off his trad rack and hit the road.

PS to Dru - Tricams are some of DFA's favorite trad pieces. Pants-filling is not being able to get one in. Which is a frequent problem when it takes you six tries to find the right sized piece... [Roll Eyes]

To Canmore! [rockband]