North Farce locked!?!?

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I thought they were being all smart posting during non-working hours so as to avoid the bored-to-tears heavyweight sprayers out there, at least for a few moments. Me, I'm pathetic enough to be immune to such tactics, as my spray knows no hours.

well, time to put on "look what the cat dragged in" [rockband]

I don't know who locked the first post but upon discovering that I decided to lock the second one. Here's how I see it. Whomever at that store is posting the slide show announcements is doing us all a huge favor and I'm for one really greatful, I mean shit Greg Child for free, I can't wait to see it. What do they get for putting on a free show in return? Not much is my guess.

People on this site bash on every corporate company that makes climbing gear. I'm not saying some of it isn't deserved but I'd be a little reticent to post a show my shop was putting on like this knowing that my announcement was going to turn into a sprayfest. The guys in that store aren't getting rich working for TNF, they do it cause they get to work in a climbing shop and get some of the fringe benefits of doing so. Meanwhile we bash on them while we are at work not doing our jobs. Hypocritical? Maybe. Would you be pissed if people here started bashing on your company? How about the 8% of our site traffic from Microsoft, or the 5% from Boeing? I'm sure you wouldn't be pleased if your company of trade started getting ripped apart.

It would be nice if more would post these announcements like Marmot in Bellevue and other shops or organizations. For that matter even more people in the industry responding to questions. I'm a little surprised that Jules still posts considering how much REI gets bashed on here. All that and she is still willing to help some random person who is having a warrantee problem with their tent.

It's the internet, it's impersonal, and there are bound to be people who will say stupid shit because they feel safe with their anonymity behind their keyboard and monitor. But what the fuck do I know......

Yeah an events section would be cool. Instead of North Cascades or Olympics we could name it "City Life" or "About Town". People could do TRs on different slide shows, movies and bars they experienced. Then this site would be even more gay [Roll Eyes]

Right on, Jon. With their spashy clothing and glossy corporate imate, the North Face makes an easy a target and, even though it can be amusing to read all the bullshit, after about the third or fourth time all we are reading is the same old bullshit. Its kind of like the anti-bolt or anti-sport arguments or some of the horsecock jokes -- it just seems that some people lack imagination and apparently can't think up a new joke or a new slant on the rant. I know, free speech and don't take the character out of the site and all (clearly, one of the things that we all love about cc.com IS the spray and the combination of clever quips and occasionally diverse viewpoints that it supports), but in the case of TNF I think you made a good call.

Here is a good way for TNF to stop the spray: STOP MAKING SUCH CHEAP SHIT IN THE THIRD WORLD AND SELLING IT FOR INFLATED PRICES!!!!

If you wanna make cheap shit sell it Cheap! But dont pretend your overpriced cheap shit is serious "Mountaineering clothing" when youre selling it at Nordstroms!

I read in one of their catalogs once that it refers to north faces in general, something about how due to their aspect, freeze-thaw over the eons has caused north faces (in the northern hemisphere, anyway) to generally be the steepest and most difficult side of any mountain. obviously there are exceptions, but they went on to list an impressive number of examples, mostly in the alps.

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

it refers to the two artificial jugs bolted to an otherwise blank face on Mt. Spears

I'll bet those have some objective dangers. Namely two huge black bodyguards ready to tear your head from your body.
[laf]
The approach via Justintimber Lake is now too overgrown and bushy to be practical. [big Grin] Ferocious maneating cougarlike snafflehounds infest the trail. [sNAFFLEHOUND]

[ 08-16-2002, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Dru ]