60 eggs

12 kilos rice

2 kilos pine nuts

2 kilos almonds

1 kilo pistachio nuts

110 gallons water

5 pounds black pepper

Salt to taste

Skin, trim and clean camel (once you get over the hump), lamb and chicken. Boil until tender. Cook rice until fluffy. Fry nuts until brown and mix with rice. Hard boil eggs and peel. Stuff cooked chickens with hard boiled eggs and rice. Stuff the cooked lamb with stuffed chickens. Add more rice. Stuff the camel with the stuffed lamb and add rest of rice. Broil over large charcoal pit until brown. Spread any remaining rice on large tray and place camel on top of rice. Decorate with boiled eggs and nuts. Serves friendly crowd of 80-100.

Shararazod Eboli Home Economist, Dammam, Saudi Arabia

Upon completing my morning routine I noticed a fried mushroom floating in the bowl. I know corn does this but its the first time I have seen a mushroom complete the Northwest Passage unscathed shocked.gif

How many of these did you have?

I call this one the SNAFFLIZER: mug of cold coffee

tsp. of 2% milk

shot of Jagermeister

The word sheath has a number of related meanings in English. In general usage, a sheath is any protective covering that fits closely around the object to be protected. A sword's sheath is called a scabbard.

A sheath (synonym: jacket) is the outer covering or coverings of a communications or power cable. It is made of tough material, often plastic, that is resistant to environmental hazards such as abrasion, liquid intrusion, solar radiation, etc., and is used to protect cable components such as optical fibers or metallic conductors that transport the signal or power.

There may be more than one sheath surrounding a given cable. For example, some cable designs use an inner sheath surrounded by metallic armor, over which is an outer sheath.

(Source: Federal Standard 1037C)

Sheath leaves are a type of leaf characteristic of some monocotyledonous plants, especially grasses. Sheath leaves are typically long, narrow, and triangular in shape. The leaf veins are parallel. The main characteristic is a basal part (the sheath) that clasps the stem or culm for some distance above the leaf origin (node). An example of a plant with sheath leaves is maize.

A sheath is another word for condom.

A penis sheath is traditional clothing in New Guinea, worn without other clothing, tied in upward position (image: http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Indonesia/photo12474.htm)

HCL.gif

The significance of Russell's paradox can be seen once it is realized that, using classical logic, all sentences follow from a contradiction. For example, assuming both P and ~P, any arbitrary proposition, Q, can be proved as follows: from P we obtain P Q by the rule of Addition; then from P Q and ~P we obtain Q by the rule of Disjunctive Syllogism. Because of this, and because _nodder theory underlies all branches of mathematics, many people began to worry that, if _nodder theory was inconsistent, no mathematical proof could be trusted completely.

Russell's paradox ultimately stems from the idea that any coherent condition may be used to determine a _nodder. As a result, most attempts at resolving the paradox have concentrated on various ways of restricting the principles governing _nodder existence found within naive _nodder theory, particularly the so-called Comprehension (or Abstraction) axiom. This axiom in effect states that any propositional function, P(x), containing x as a free variable can be used to determine a _nodder. In other words, corresponding to every propositional function, P(x), there will exist a _nodder whose members are exactly those things, x, that have property P.[3] It is now generally, although not universally, agreed that such an axiom must either be abandoned or modified.[4]

Russell's own response to the paradox was his aptly named theory of types. Recognizing that self-reference lies at the heart of the paradox, Russell's basic idea is that we can avoid commitment to R (the _nodder of all _nodders that are not members of themselves) by arranging all sentences (or, equivalently, all propositional functions) into a hierarchy. The lowest level of this hierarchy will consist of sentences about individuals. The next lowest level will consist of sentences about _nodders of individuals. The next lowest level will consist of sentences about _nodders of _nodders of individuals, and so on. It is then possible to refer to all objects for which a given condition (or predicate) holds only if they are all at the same level or of the same "type."

This solution to Russell's paradox is motivated in large part by the so-called vicious circle principle, a principle which, in effect, states that no propositional function can be defined prior to specifying the function's range. In other words, before a function can be defined, one first has to specify exactly those objects to which the function will apply. (For example, before defining the predicate "is a prime number," one first needs to define the range of objects that this predicate might be said to satisfy, namely the _nodder, N, of natural numbers.) From this it follows that no function's range will ever be able to include any object defined in terms of the function itself. As a result, propositional functions (along with their corresponding propositions) will end up being arranged in a hierarchy of exactly the kind Russell proposes.

Although Russell first introduced his theory of types in his 1903 Principles of Mathematics, type theory found its mature expression five years later in his 1908 article, "Mathematical Logic as Based on the Theory of Types," and in the monumental work he co-authored with Alfred North Whitehead, Principia Mathematica (1910, 1912, 1913). Russell's type theory thus appears in two versions: the "simple theory" of 1903 and the "ramified theory" of 1908. Both versions have been criticized for being too ad hoc to eliminate the paradox successfully. In addition, even if type theory is successful in eliminating Russell's paradox, it is likely to be ineffective at resolving other, unrelated paradoxes.

Other responses to Russell's paradox have included those of David Hilbert and the formalists (whose basic idea was to allow the use of only finite, well-defined and constructible objects, together with rules of inference deemed to be absolutely certain), and of Luitzen Brouwer and the intuitionists (whose basic idea was that one cannot assert the existence of a mathematical object unless one can also indicate how to go about constructing it).

Yet a fourth response was embodied in Ernst Zermelo's 1908 axiomatization of _nodder theory. Zermelo's axioms were designed to resolve Russell's paradox by again restricting the Comprehension axiom in a manner not dissimilar to that proposed by Russell. ZF and ZFC (i.e., ZF supplemented by the Axiom of Choice), the two axiomatizations generally used today, are modifications of Zermelo's theory developed primarily by Abraham Fraenkel.

Together, these four responses to Russell's paradox have helped logicians develop an explicit awareness of the nature of formal systems and of the kinds of metalogical and metamathematical results commonly associated with them today.

Hi everybody,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm just getting into trad climbing... what kind of rack should I get?

Thanks!

p.s. One more thing. Do ya'll think "Godzilla" at Index is 5.9 or 10a?

wave.gif

Sorry to keep things on topic, but after losing my Black Diamond Bullet pack (containing my fav Patagonia R2 jacket) on the North Buttress Direct of Bear Mountain the other day, I was thinking about, you know, gear 'n stuff. I asked around and got this response:

Hey,

When I was having sex with death on Nanga Parbat, my rack consisted of a bunch of stuff I found in a pack left by dead Japanese climbers. I think about those dead guys and wonder if it was all worth it. But fuck 'em, they were just a bunch of posers anyway.

Mark

So there you go. If you'd like any photos or beta on Godzilla, just drop me a PM!

The only scientific organization investigating the Bigfoot mystery

" We find answers while others go in circles."

Confused about Bigfoot? Only here, and one allied site, will you find

REAL ANSWERS based on solid research. All the others are lost,

confused, have inexperienced leaders, silly theories, no real evidence.

Description: The B.I.P. was founded in 1975. On the Lummi Indian Reservation,

Bellingham,WA. Site includes unusual reports database,

advanced expeditions,

tips on conducting field research, and the world's largest collection of valid BF

photos. A safe place to report your sighting - we will often investigate.The group

with real answers to the mystery. We have PhD scientific advisors. We are a "no-kill"

group. We carry no guns, for any reason - period. We oppose those who do. We hold

that Bigfoot is an animal with extremely advanced or abnormal abilities, thus escaping

humans. We study both the animals and their controversial abilities.

" EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW ABOUT BIGFOOT ------ IS (mostly) WRONG !"

( Previously known as The Sasquatch Research Project, Project Bigfoot and Project Grendel. )

You may reach this site via www.bigfoot.org -- easy to remember.

(Note re the photo - frame 350 of the PG Film - every inch of the creature is filled with

other images of other beings, heads mostly, also, Hulk Hogan's face, the Devil, a fox, a four toed track,

a lower arm opening up like the one in Predator, Coke bottles, the head of Albert Ostman,

and strange other objects. You can spend

an hour of "Where's Waldo" looking at it. It reflects the general weirdness of Bigfoot.

And, due to recent photos from our 2004 expedition, it now seems that the "baboon head"

next to the main head above is really an alien head, and it is the same head...Sorry, but it is now more

weird than we had expected.....)

Hi

I have found an error in the Beckey guidebook.

On page 372 of Volume III, wherre it says "Using left hand on large hold and right toe in crack, make boulder move to gain obvious gully" I used my right hand on the hold, and couldnt get my foot high enough to get into the crack.

I think this kind of arbitrary beta is pure foolishness. Someone's going to get off route and get hurt. I plan to sue The Mountainerrs about this.