another reason i'm scared of Tennessee

minx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I support anyone's right to think and believe what they want. I didn't say I agree with this guy, nor do I agree with the KKK, NAACP, Black Panthers, WAR, either; they DO have a right to their beliefs and to voice them.

Or should we outlaw whoever disagrees with you, Billygoat?

Perhaps you'll be less scared of Tennessee when that guy gets crushed by the incumbent Democrat.

I'm from Tennessee - Nashville actually - and I'm offended by the insinuation of the title of this thread that people from TN are any certain way. Of course, I'm even more offended by Mr Bertrand's beliefs, but my point is - historical context included - that TN is inhabited by all sorts of people.

Its an old story of course, but its ironic to to be prejusticed against a group of people (Tennessee) by suggesting that they are prejusticed.

Perhaps you'll be less scared of Tennessee when that guy gets crushed by the incumbent Democrat.

I'm from Tennessee - Nashville actually - and I'm offended by the insinuation of the title of this thread that people from TN are any certain way. Of course, I'm even more offended by Mr Bertrand's beliefs, but my point is - historical context included - that TN is inhabited by all sorts of people.

Its an old story of course, but its ironic to to be prejusticed against a group of people (Tennessee) by suggesting that they are prejusticed.

I'm not saying that people in Tenessee are nazis. I'm saying they're stupid:

This just goes to show, some (or many in this case) people will vote for anyone with an "R" next to their name.

Greg, I would love to hear how the NAACP is on the same level as the BPs or the KKK.

THey are all groups bent on advancing their own race, excluding other races, and are prejudiced against those different from them. They are all political. Just because the NAACP isn't overtly involved in violent action or protest, doesn't mean they aren't proponents of it.

I dont think the NAACP is an advocate of advancing their own race at the expense of others. I think that is the difference. also, working for equal rights is a far cry from working for racial supremacy

Do you know what NAACP stands for? NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF COLORED PEOPLE It was so named at a time when 'colored' was the common moniker for blacks. None of the groups I named are working for racial supremacy, just racial separateness.

Edited by Greg_W