Eight Mile Rock: "Doin the Dishes"

scot'teryx

While in the icicle today I got to watch this guy climb "Doin the Dishes 5.11D" at 8 mile rock.

It is an awfully thin climb, and Kramar says, "Many try this technical tweaker, but few suceed"

Whenever at 8 mile I always wished to see someone climb it, so it was like.......cool and stuff.

-

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by scot'teryx:

While in the icicle today I got to watch this guy climb "Doin the Dishes 5.11D" at 8 mile rock.

It is an awfully thin climb, and Kramar says, "Many try this technical tweaker, but few suceed"

Whenever at 8 mile I always wished to see someone climb it, so it was like.......cool and stuff.

-

What the hell this is the ultimate gaper TR... I watched someone TR an 11d!! [sleep][sleep][sleep]

quote:

Originally posted by b-rock:

I enjoy watching others send routes that I cannot. I learn and take inspiration.

Granted, but would you post an informationless third person trip report with a picture of an anonymous person? Lame, dude. [Roll Eyes]

Greg W

P.S. I hear Scot'Mart likes Earth, Wind, & Fire [rockband]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

So Ok...Is unknown TR guy pulling on the rope in the picture? His hand is right on the rope! Discuss at depth.

Looks like his left hand to me -very important distinction. beta calls for thin sloper for the right hand, rope for the left - blow the sequence and you look like a gaper.

i did the dishes this morning before work this morning...

please note do not have specialed, grizzly, rasta and homegurl over for midnight bbq and expect them in their drunkend stupor to clean your house before they pass out....reason being is tha if you leave the mess till monday mornging your house is going to smell like the funk!!! blah!

[laf][laf][laf]

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

another question along drul's line of questioning...why does he have a rack on his harness??? is he top roping practicing placing gear on an unprotectable slab???

I can hear your mocking tone, Erik. This is a very important skill to learn on toprope. Much like climbing at Marymoor in a helmet and backpack. [Wink]

Greg W

Whatever happened to speedmetal? [rockband]

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

"He's training for Everest, silly"
[Razz]

You can toprope Everest? I'm dialling Mountain Madness right now. Did the French finally grid bolt that choss-pile?

Greg W

greg,

not the french, but a couple of respected pnw climbers did.....

[laf][Roll Eyes][Cool]