Trekkies out there?

SnowByrd

Okay...so are there any Trekkies out there?

What show do you like the best....

1) Star Trek original

2) Next Generation

3) Deep Space Nine

4) Voyager

5) Enterprise

Who's your favourite character? Favourite episode? Why?

wink.gif

(I'm SOOO gonna get roasted for this....)

Cheers!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TNG and Voyager are the best in terms of story, characters, and imaginative. I am not a Trekky, but the ideology is fascinating and admirable. I also like SG-1...one of the better sci-fi tv shows out there. Man that Amanda Tapping is hot...and so is that Jeri Ryan! Beautiful women with brains, can't beat that.

TNG was great but had some really annoying characters... Wesley Crusher, Deanna Troi ... ick!

But Captain Jean-Luc Picard... *sigh*

DS9 had its moments and some pretty cool kick-ass characters.

Voyager was pretty much just eye candy with 7 of 9 and lots of CGI.

Enterprise sucks major massive donkey balls and has pretty much no redeeming properties, except maybe frequent ass shots of that Vulcan chick, if you're into that sort of thing.

I can't believe I'm here on cc.com spraying about Star Trek on a beautiful Saturday morning. I had a nice alpine project all planned out but I'm stuck at home sick with some mutant flu! cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

hahaha.gif Were we separated at birth Simona? I agree with all that....

TNG is my favourite....I LOVE Captain Picard (he's SO damned sexy) and Data rocks. I mean ROCKS!

Original was kewl but the special effects are humourous at best and its hard to concentrate on the storyline because of them.

DS9 is my second favourite and is best watched in one looooong DS9 weekend marathon when you've come down with a case of the mutant flu.

Voyageur has some good stories....I like Behlana. The holographic doctor is pretty kewl too and Janeway has her moments, especially when she's pissed off at the Borg.

Enterprise...Scott Bakula....need I say more? I only watched the first episode....that was enough.

Favourite episode: TNG = Night Terrors or the two part one with the Borg. DS9 = just love the whole show.

Sleep sleep sleep...so that mutant flu doesn't mutate even further. I feel your pain. wave.gif

Hey, did anyone see/remember that episode of Enterprise where 3 guys rappel down into this big cave to rescue somebody or other? yellaf.gif They go down on 3 different rap lines. For light they have what look like desk lamps sticking out of their backs. Then at one point a cam pulls and they begin falling. Some lessons from this episode:

1. Climbing technology hasn't changed in 300 years or however long

2. They don't teach about redundant and equalized anchors at Starfleet Academy

3. The knowledge of headlamps was lost during the 21st century apocalypse

I could go on... I was watching this episode and just about rolling on the floor. yelrotflmao.gif

Babylon 5. Any tv program Harlan Ellison will put his name on is worthy. Much darker and more complex than the treks.

However, the writing in the original series, including such SF luminaries as Robert Bloch, Theodore Sturgeon, Harlan Ellison, and David Gerrold, for all the cheesy special effects and such, is still generally better than the current crop. The same authors did (and still do) add their creative talents to the Twilight Zone and Outer Limits.