• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Chirp, that sticker rockband.gifs. yelrotflmao.gif

Unintentional snaf.gif, thanks Muffy, you r00l. wave.gif

well I do TRY wink.gif I goit a new used bike for my b-day. and I am sooo STOKED. I also road my first ACTUAL TRAIL today fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif it was so fun. I am such a chicken going down hil cry.gif

I bought a used road bike last week. My roadie buddy shows up to school me for a ride ("Yah, sure, I'll go, if'n you don't mind my fat geriatric ass slowing you down"). He arrives in tight black spandex shorts. I'm like, OK, that's cool, I can do that. I change out of my pIz mt. bike shorts into my long-shelved 8-panel spandex bike shorts.

45 minutes later we're at the top of Queene Anne at the busy intersection by the Starbucks, going through the four way stop. Group of kids in an SUV looks at us. One of them points at us and yells at the top of his lungs:

"SNAAAAAKE!"

I thought it was fucking hilarious. My buddy pretended like he didn't hear anything.

I wore my baggie shorts the next night.

- a s s m moon.gif n k e y

Yup, you're on your way cracked. Pretty soon, you'll be walking around with a glazed look on your face handing out leaflets for Greenpeace, wearing nothing but a poncho and a gentle smile (now that's what I call a Friday night!!) smirk.gif If you ever feel the need to man up and go off of smooth, paved roads, let me know. I'll take you down some mtn trails that'll make you want to curl up in a corner and cry rockband.gif

Nice try... yellaf.gif No, I know it causes erosion on a small scale, I'd take you to the places I mountain bike, established, dual-use trails on land actively managed as timber farming (Galbraith Mtn. in Bellingham, g'head, look it up.). If we're gonna get into this ball o'wax, we'd better start a new thread i.e. the environmental impacts of oh, I dunno, say climbing... rolleyes.gif

Nice try... yellaf.gif No, I know it causes erosion on a small scale, I'd take you to the places I mountain bike, established, dual-use trails on land actively managed as timber farming (Galbraith Mtn. in Bellingham, g'head, look it up.). If we're gonna get into this ball o'wax, we'd better start a new thread i.e. the environmental impacts of oh, I dunno, say climbing... rolleyes.gif

Best thing you can do for the environment is kill yourself.

You realize how much mountain biking impacts the environment, right? rolleyes.gif

What?! It's nothing compared to dirtbiking. Far as I'm concerned, it's human-powered so it can't be all that bad. Unless you're doing shuttles to avoid all of the uphill. Then you're just a pussy. Now that shit they do up at Whistler with the chairlifts... hellno3d.gif

I really appreciate the fat bastards who get all excited around this time of year from watching the Tour and decide it's time for the anual ride. They dust off the lycra and bike, and head for the longest two lane bridge or otherwise narrow road (that I happen to own). I got caught behind two guys who rode across the Hood Canal Bridge at 10 MPH this weekend casuing a massive backup.

Stay off my roads you slow ass, traffic blocking mofos!

Stay off my roads you slow ass, traffic blocking mofos!

Just because most dumbasses on the road today driving an SUV don't know where their vehicle ends, doesn't mean it's the bicyclists fault. Unless the bicyclists were riding in the middle of the road it's easy to pass bicyclists.

Unless the bicyclists were riding in the middle of the road

Which is where most of the ones I run into (figuratively) are usually riding, even if there's an unobstructed bike lane. If you want to ride in the street like a car, then I'll treat you like a car. Don't expect me to go out of my way just because you chose a more dangerous means of travel. Same goes for motorcycles.

the_finger.gif