Girlz Girlz Girlz Vol. 2 (newbie girls climb)

icegirl

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't make it to the last one, but then there was no mention of margaritas before. I will definately try and be there next week. I have met dryad, and snowbyrd (cool chics) and I am looking forward to meeting icegirl and everyone else. -w

me too me too me too laugh.gif I got rid of the size L harness (exchanged it for a small) and bought some kewl purple Mythos! Hey Dryad, can I borrow ya lavendar outfit? I'd like to pretend I'm Moby Grape! Let's meet at the correct Park N Ride this time...the one up by the Highlands....Exit 18!!!! and screw Rogue...Billy Mchales in Factoria has 56 different flavours of Margaritas if thats what we want...or, there's always Simona's Exit 32 dive bar laugh.gifbigdrink.gifwave.gif

can you rockclimb in pranatawps? Or just sport hang?

That is the question for the ages... fruit.gif

You're just jealous coz your boobs aren't big enough to fill one out and the hormones the doc gave you aren't working...;) You SO want to be a girl! yelrotflmao.gif

Ben, if you've been following these threads (I assume you have) you will notice that there is mention of a rotating Index, Leavenworth, Exit 32, Exit 38 schedule. I assume you have a nice set of 5.5-5.7 routes selected for us when we do head to Index???

Right now Leavenworth is a soot factory, and being that I only just got the smoke smell out of my pack, I'm not that keen on heading up there right away...

Index is a great idea, but we are a talking about people with little or no climbing experience here, I really want to give them a chance to get on some things that they will find easy enough to complete, and not get disheartend by failures...

So far exit 38 seems to work quite well for this, it's basically an outdoor gym, with a better view, no strange ass music or gruntin' boulder boys, an approach shorter than the UW gym (if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg to park), and cleaner air...

can you rockclimb in pranatawps? Or just sport hang?

That is the question for the ages... fruit.gif

You're just jealous coz your boobs aren't big enough to fill one out and the hormones the doc gave you aren't working...;) You SO want to be a girl! yelrotflmao.gif

damn....you've been here since mid june and you already fit right in! fruit.gif

Yeaow ...

Many thanks to Icegirl for assuring me that I am not a liability despite my lame lack of skills! smile.gif

I am going to try my hardest to make it and hopefully take a few notes from y'all. Can someone shoot me some more detailed directions and whereabouts as I will be coming more on the 5:00 ish side?

Thanks!

Brianna

http://www.northbendrock.com/Deception/index.htm

Park at the Deception Crags trailhead, follow the trail up (it's not too far, about 8 min or so) pass the "Substation" area (the first climbing area next to the trestle), continue on to the top of the trail, where it meets Iron Horse trail (gravel road)look immediately to your left, and there is "Write Off Rock" if we are not there, then we will be to the East, on "We Did Rock"

So there is like one good climb in the range I'm looking for, but it's multipitch... right? Or am I mistaken.

I've climbed at Erie, it's nice, but well, we are looking for places that are close and good for after work...

Knock it off with the "for us girls" stuff. Either be of help, or not. I don't mind either way.

You can drive to Erie in about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Seems like it could take that long to drive to Index. So those two are a push timewise.

Mt Erie has a few multi-pitch climbs in the 5.7-5.9 range (Snag Buttress) but most of the terrain is top-rope stuff. All in all, it is just another place one can go when one wants to have some variety.

index is too buggy and muggy

Its time for a new "quote" BOY-O! wink.gif Whats wrong with buggy n muggy? Exit 38 is close...I have to get to work at 6:00 AM to get there by 3...so what time would I have to get to work to be at Index in time to climb? 4:30 a.m.? Oi! cool.gif

You'll get your 'girl' climb if you're nice to Icegirl (maybe)...you gots to be patient man! Some of us aren't ready to meet the Granite God just yet! Are you this impatient in EVERY situation? smileysex5.gif

yelrotflmao.gifhahaha.gifyelrotflmao.gif

"you gals" are hilarious...

thanks for making me split my side this morn...

i can think of two good multipitch routes on the slab in your range and many more along the ltwall in the niner range.

either way have fun, i am just razzin yah...

Btw- playing nice is for sissies. moon.gif