New bellingham bouldering!

dyno_merchant

For all you bouldering types...

Larrabee State Park and Sehome Hill have some amazing new problems. Many of them are V5 to V9(theres a few projects that will go soon with the help of more strong climbers). People should definitely visit us in B'ham and check out these new developements!!! Ah, the sweet sandstone slopers...

I knew there was a reason I moved back to B'ham from "the land of fire" Flagstaff, Arizona.

It's time for pebble pinching!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Dude,

Matt the "rev" diamond already sent them all month drinking binge and puked on the cruxes.

Check out the little cove on chuckanut drive in Fairhaven just past the RxR bridge tunnel. Take a right just before the gallery/espresso bar. Bring some band-aids.

Oh yeah, best climb in B'ham...Sehome High Handcrack. 10a splitter with a nice undercling (for shorties) and roof mantle finish! Awesome. Don't fuck it up for folks and make them cement it in. Only go when schools out and no one is watching. The kids'll hop on and die and no more splitters in B'ham (except for Boundry Bay handcrack..ouch, the Bond Hall offwidth, Carver Gym Layback, and some auto-parts store handcrack I haven't seen yet),

Worst B'ham rock...Gov'Lister Cliffs which doubles at the worst climbin' in entire world...no offense.

[ 07-18-2002, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: michael_layton ]

Originally posted by michael_layton:

[QB]Sorry Dude,

Matt the "rev" diamond already sent them all month drinking binge and puked on the cruxes.

Check out the little cove on chuckanut drive in Fairhaven just past the RxR bridge tunnel. Take a right just before the gallery/espresso bar. Bring some band-aids.

Reply from dyno...

Matt Diamond...is he the guy that used to have a zz top beard and super long hair and had glasses? Did he hang out with guys named Rob and Jason years ago? Please tell me!!!

About the bay near the the art gallery... that place is way more chossy than Gov. Lister cliff except for one wall-the one closest to where you park. This short wall overhangs almost 45 degrees and has good problems on great sandstone. The only problem is that the rock can seep for long periods and the ground can stay wet (bring a tarp for under your pads).

I'm not joking about the new stuff at Larrabee and Sehome...........................gooooooood.

Yup. that's the Rev. Diamond. I was his roommate for about 6 months. interesting stay. He's the guy who once wanted to get lunch in Roslyn while climbing at Vantage with a guy named Cory! I was lying, he moved far away and the only thing he's been sending recently is email.

quote:

Originally posted by michael_layton:

Yup. that's the Rev. Diamond. I was his roommate for about 6 months. interesting stay. He's the guy who once wanted to get lunch in Roslyn while climbing at Vantage with a guy named Cory! I was lying, he moved far away and the only thing he's been sending recently is email.

I used to climb with him when I lived in B'ham the first time around. Matt is a hilarious guy and very wacky!!! He went to eastern washington to go to school!? Where is he now??? I haven't talked to him for a good couple years now.

I used to know cory too.

By the way, have we met? My name is Jason Henrie and I lived in Bellingham untill 5 years ago and then just moved back again a month ago. Washington rules!

Hey Dyno, Jason Henrie seams to ring a bell. You're the dude that put up some of the local shit around B'ham years back. I lived and climbed in B'ham in the early 90's. I think I have a copy of your guide book somewhere. Back for some more action?

quote:

Originally posted by MtnHigh:

Hey Dyno, Jason Henrie seams to ring a bell. You're the dude that put up some of the local shit around B'ham years back. I lived and climbed in B'ham in the early 90's. I think I have a copy of your guide book somewhere. Back for some more action?

yeh, I put up those chossy routes and wrote the guidebook. has anyone died on one of my routes yet....Ha Ha (maybe thats not funny). thanks for supporting climbing around b'ham even if it is mossy and a bit chossy, but what isn't in washington??? I lived in flagstaff for a few years but missed water and the cascades so moved back. I've traded ropes for boulder pads these days and am having a blast putting up problems around washington and oh my god squamish is still as rad as it ever was (even if I just boulder at the base of the chief).

man, the summers up here are the best!!!!!!!

Not died but just cowered away with my tail inbetween my legs and a carabiner left for a lower off as I received encouragement, "You can do that. IT doesn't look that hard." Only to find out halfway up that the friggin 5.11 is way beyond my range.

Cheers [big Drink][Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by plexus:

Not died but just cowered away with my tail inbetween my legs and a carabiner left for a lower off as I received encouragement, "You can do that. IT doesn't look that hard." Only to find out halfway up that the friggin 5.11 is way beyond my range.

Cheers
[big Drink][Wink]

what the hell is this???

quote:

Originally posted by dyno merchant:

quote:

Cheers
[big Drink][Wink]

what the hell is this???

Sounds like a trip report from one of your routes...

quote:

Originally posted by Buckwheat:

I'll vouch for the Dyno Merchant. The bouldering around B'ham is better than you might think...

Buckwheat is in on the secret...if you love to boulder then you should get the beta and check out the new stuff here...or you can keep going to Squamish and we can keep all these rad problems to ourselves...hmmmmm

By the way...Buckwheat-have you checked out the new problems that have gone up in the last couple o months at Sehome Hill. For years I overlooked it but almost every single problem that has been cleaned this summer has been amazing/three star anywhere. Even some of the old classics are super good/way better than I remembered. I'm really excited about all the new stuff that is still to be done! Larrabee too...........

quote:

Originally posted by Off White:

quote:

quote:

Cheers
[big Drink][Wink]

what the hell is this???

Sounds like a trip report from one of your routes...

My routes can't be that sandbag!?! Are they?

I am not a bouldererer, but I do boulder. DM, I was wondering about that Mud Bay overhanging layback thing, right up the center of the wall. Do you know what that thing is rated? Please, no V grade, like I said I am not really a boulderer. No I am not number chasing, just wondering if it is a realistic goal or not. Thanks,

[big Drink]

ps why is this area not in your book? it be way better than most stuff at larrabee imho. oops, just realized you already addressed this spot.

[ 08-05-2002, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Natural ]

Knappyhead Lil' Rascal,

I didn't say all of JH's routes were sandbagged, just one instance. Actually I thought his routes at the Pumphouse and Pee-Wee's Playhouse were right on. It was a couple of climbs at Oyster Dome I thought were off on their grades.

So WTF is up with "your just weak. Do some pullups." quote?! Nice grammer too might I add. Until you meet somebody it is best advised to you to shut up and keep your opinions to yourself. And don't worry, I'll keep myself away from your "precious" Chuckanut shitstone

Dynomerchant dopnt forget to check out the Chilliwack limestone bouldering and Hope area granite now you are back in town. Closer for you than Squamish and less developed. Maybe you can do the 2nd ascent of Nate's V10 at the gold Rush.

quote:

I'd like to check it out. Can you give me some info on how to get there?

drive along the highway, stop at sign saying hope next 4 exits (about 4km past hunter creek). walk back along road to trail, hike in to huge boulders visible from the road. climb.

this is post 5500 [sNAFFLEHOUND][sNAFFLEHOUND][sNAFFLEHOUND][big Grin]