amusing list

johndavidjr

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea in conflict with American freedom is a concept of governance in which there is no war, no suffering, no struggle for survival. It envisions a world of "equity" in which all people share equally in the earth's bounty -- and in the toil required to produce it. It is a compelling idea for many people, especially for those who must constantly struggle for survival, who see it as "unfair" that some people prosper while others suffer in poverty. It is a concept that is particularly appealing to people who have been the innocent victims of war.

To achieve this utopian system of governance, there must be a central regulating authority to decide the quantity of natural resources that may be used without endangering biodiversity. A central authority must decide how much greenhouse gas may be emitted without endangering the global climate. A central authority must have the power to prevent war by disarming all nations, and all people. A central authority must decide how many people the earth can support, and have the power to keep population within safe limits. A central authority must have the financial resources to enforce the "right" of all people to "a full stomach," health care, and decent housing. A central authority must have the power to take "from each according to his ability," and redistribute to "each according to his need." -www.freedom21.org

Apparently, it's the communists that want to reopen the Dosewallips road! And the red bastards want to promote biodiversity in the bargain!! Oh no!!!

Mr. Skeezix.

Here's more from the Freedom21 site you quote above: "The enemy is not the 'liberals,' or the UN, or the federal government, or the 'green' NGOs. They are simply the instruments through which the real enemy facilitates its system of governance."

It goes on to suggest who this unbelievablly sinister, "real enemy" is...but I'll leave you guessing until we get "Freedom21: The Movie"

Site in question is only slightly above the mid-level of a fairly narrow weirdness scale for links list from "brinnon.prosperity.org," implied by others to be the leading local organization in favor of Dose reconstruction.

But your larger point, as I understand it, is probably correct: these views are hopefully so far-out that they have little bearing on whether to reconstruct (& relocate in substantial part) a 4.5-mile road into the wilderness, to specs usable for the Winnebago crowd.

Edited by johndavidjr

yeh, I vaguely remember reading that Dosewallips thread a while back. I was thinking of replying to it until I read Fairweather play the "why-I'VE-lived-here-all-my-life" card and discredit the other guy's position just cuz he was from New Jersey. puh-leeze. rolleyes.gif

I try to avoid replying to idiots like that, at least when they post idiotic shit like that ... it just encourages them.

and in general, I have no patience/tolerance for dipshits who get all self-righteous about being "native" Washingtonians. got news for ya, suckers: unless you're a Quinault, a Yakima, a Skokomish, (etc).. you ain't no Native Washingtonian. all your white asses (or well your ancestor's white asses) were immigrants at one time or another.

snaf.gif

Skeezix,

The paragraph clearly begins with "The idea in conflict with American freedom......", and only then goes on to describe the antithesis thereof.

Oh, I grokked the Freedom21 website just fine. They're your basic property rights activists who resent excessive gov't regulation to protect the environment. Their approach is to promote education regarding American Freedoms (as they define them...).

Hello capitalist!

Long live communism and Stalin, Marx, Dimitrov, Tito, Mao.

Thank you fou allow us to post.

Hello communist!

I don't completely hate/discredit your belief-system*... in fact in my younger ideallist era I use to embrace it & think it to be THE solution... but how can you say "long live Stalin". hellno3d.gif He was an EVIL man, guilty of the same type/level of atrocities as Hitler and Milosevich. Mao wasn't quite as bad as them, but close enough.

Thank you for allow us to call you MORON. wave.gif

*to paraphrase JoshK's grandfather: "Communism and Christianity.. two ideas that were good on paper but didn't work in the real world." thumbs_up.gifyellaf.gif

But here's something to REALLY worry about:

"A highly-active shadow international government is developing with strong influence on federal policy."

This statement is one click away from the "citizen review" link, which itself has a page entitled "U.N. Agenda 21 is happening in your community!"

"Agenda 21" is apparently some bugaboo of the extreme right, and I assume is origin of the name for "Freedom21" whose Web site is also on "brinnon.prosperity.org"

----

....and in general, I have no patience/tolerance for dipshits who get all self-righteous about being "native" Washingtonians. got news for ya, suckers: unless you're a Quinault, a Yakima, a Skokomish, (etc).. you ain't no Native Washingtonian. all your white asses (or well your ancestor's white asses) were immigrants at one time or another.

snaf.gif

Actually, dipshit, the Quinaults, Yakima's, and Skokomish tribes ancestors were immigrants too. There are no humans native to the americas that I'm aware of.

And my close(er) proximity to the Dose does give me a stronger position with which to express my views on the matter. IMHO. moon.gif

Shall I rally the enviro-troops back east to close access to The Gunks? Or the road to Mount Marcy? Certainly, JDJr would have greater standing in such a debate.

Shall I rally the enviro-troops back east to close access to The Gunks? Or the road to Mount Marcy? Certainly, JDJr would have greater standing in such a debate.

kind of sketchy logic there, FW.

I don't know the geography of the 'Gunks much, but last I checked/learned, Mt. Marcy is in a New York (not Jersey) state park .... therefore, none of us have a say on that shizzy (unless you're a NY State resident and/or taxpayer).

and guess what? Olympic ain't no state park.

wazzup.gif

kind of sketchy logic there, FW.

I don't know the geography of the 'Gunks much, but last I checked/learned, Mt. Marcy is in a New York (not Jersey) state park .... therefore, none of us have a say on that shizzy (unless you're a NY State resident and/or taxpayer).

and guess what? Olympic ain't no state park.

wazzup.gif

The Gunks are in NY as well - the Mohonk Preserve (PRIVATE!) being the major administrative district.

Fairweather. Your full of shit if you think because your local you have greater say in the administration of a national park. Should we have your vote weighted inversly proportional to your distance from the Olympics ( as well as weighted by time spent in the park, and close to the park).? Unless of course you want to take the Alaska lead, decrying Washington, all the while sucking the Federal Teat dry.

I've decided, in private consultation with Mr. Fairweather, that residents in a given region are likely, on average, to have a more informed perspective on regional land issues than those at a distance.

However, the "wise use movement," which Fairweather I gather doesn't support, and which is exemplified by links on brinnonprosperity.org, aren't primarily local interests.

To state the painfully obvious, mining and timber companies to stay in business must make their stock price look good to the (apolitical) Harvard MBAs on Wall Street (that's in NY), who in turn decide where the insurance companies, rich Saudis and and a wide range of other (ironically) global interests, dump their excess capital.

In the big picture, we all better hope like hell that system keeps working, but I think it's quite dirty pool when in pursing their narrow aims, the natural resources industry panders to the uneducated (like the poor guy in Brinnon who put up the links) with fears of U.N. world domination & such crap, and to the limited degree they are successful, they harm society.

Edited by johndavidjr

Actually, dipshit, the Quinaults, Yakima's, and Skokomish tribes ancestors were immigrants too. There are no humans native to the americas that I'm aware of.

by this logic we are all africans. pitty.gif

My mom told ME I'm half Plutonian, some deep dark secret about her life in the Arizona desert and UFOs....

by this logic we are all africans. pitty.gif

That is what I said on my SAT registration. Would have gotten a shit load with scholarships, but unfortunately, no dice. wazzup.gif

This is from another link on ''brinnon.prosperity.org"

"Within the man/dino controversy there exists at least three distinct groups;1)Creationists who (for religious reasons- Christianity) would like proof that man and dinosaurs co-existed because it would support the Biblical view of creation,2)Scientists, who (for religious reasons: Evolution) do not want to see any proof of man/dinosaur coexistence because it would do radical damage to the theory and 3)Objective scientists who for scientific reasons want to know what the facts actually are. "

To learn the actual facts in Brinnon, see http://www.s8int.com/dinolit1.html

Edited by johndavidjr

I've decided, in private consultation with Mr. Fairweather, that residents in a given region are likely, on average, to have a more informed perspective on regional land issues than those at a distance.

They may be better informed.

Our country was not founded to respect the level of education or amount of information a voter has. Every person with a pulse (note: not required in Chicago), of age, and not convicted of a felony, has a right to vote.

This is from another link on ''brinnon.prosperity.org"

"Within the man/dino controversy there exists at least three distinct groups;1)Creationists who (for religious reasons- Christianity) would like proof that man and dinosaurs co-existed because it would support the Biblical view of creation,2)Scientists, who (for religious reasons: Evolution) do not want to see any proof of man/dinosaur coexistence because it would do radical damage to the theory and 3)Objective scientists who for scientific reasons want to know what the facts actually are. "

To learn the actual facts in Brinnon, see http://www.s8int.com/dinolit1.html

Amazing...that some people actually believe this dribble. It's pure fantasy but not unlike New Age beliefs in things such as ancient astronauts and such. There's a kernel of truth in many things that are fictional, for example, the belief that amino acids or other precursors to life may have been 'seeded' on earth during its early years by cometary debris or by planetary ejecti kicked up by meteorites. For now, I take the orthodox scientific view that life originated here 3.8 billion years ago.

BTW, what is the status of Kennewick Man?