rock pr0n

Dru

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah its just like smify except the only pro on the 12 b/c route up until the crack he has his fingers in, is the slung horn yellaf.gif

all the visual impact of spr0t climbing without the bolt trail whatever would pope say???

yeah its just like smify except the only pro on the 12 b/c route up until the crack he has his fingers in, is the slung horn yellaf.gif

all the visual impact of spr0t climbing without the bolt trail whatever would pope say???

Even with the chalk trail, this is a manly climb. When he’s finished, he’ll leave the climb nearly in the condition he found it. Pope would say that the visual impact is ephemeral. A couple of good squalls will restore the route. BFD. I don’t have a problem with chalk, although if this climb were located in an area frequented by bird watchers and tree huggers, I would either leave it alone or perhaps I’d use a tinted chalk that matches the rock.

You can berate the guy for being a hypocrite or whatever, but the fact remains that this is a climb requiring enormous balls. You aren’t going to be able to hang off some stupid-assed bolt while you mime the next two moves to a chorus of unsolicited beta from the clowns below. Bolts, unlike chalk, leave a permanent trail that facilitates cowardly ascents.

Why is it that I have to almost die in order for a climb to be considered to be "pure"?

Don't concern yourself with being "pure". Mediocre climbers...or those of us who wish to experience the technical challenges without taunting death can put on a toprope and imagine what leading it would be like.

Why is it that I have to almost die in order for a climb to be considered to be "pure"?

Don't concern yourself with being "pure". Mediocre climbers...or those of us who wish to experience the technical challenges without taunting death can put on a toprope and imagine what leading it would be like.

Show me how to lead a clean arete without bolts, and I may start listening. wazzup.gif

wave.gif

here's my reasoning...

you constantly are using terms like "manly" way of climbing...hence, i can only induce that living a "manly" way is something you are striving for...its become your mantra, so to speak...something that you need to work on...something that you have issues with...you know, kinda like Ford's motto that "quality is job 1", when everyone knows that they make pieces of shit that fall apart in less than 120k miles...so they are trying to convince everyone that their product has quality... wave.gifpitty.gif

here's my reasoning...

you constantly are using terms like "manly" way of climbing...hence, i can only induce that living a "manly" way is something you are striving for.

Another explanation is that when an example of manly climbing sits squarely on their monitors, participants in this thread display difficulty recognizing it as such (somebody needs to point this out to them).

...something that you need to work on...something that you have issues with...
Get a second opinion (from your sister blush.gif).

....you know, kinda like Ford's motto that "quality is job 1", when everyone knows that they make pieces of shit that fall apart in less than 120k miles...so they are trying to convince everyone that their product has quality... wave.gifpitty.gif
Hey pinko, if you love the way they do things on the other side of the ocean, why don't you just move?