What if the UN was in charge of Iraq?

Peter_Puget

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm sure UN troops hold the monopoly on soliciting prostitution... rolleyes.gif

After all US troops are model citizens...they never proposition prostitutes, they just get prisoners naked and take homoerotic pictures with them. the_finger.gif

me? nowhere. it was raining. it *was* raining, right? it looked like it was

Ummm, no, it wasn't raining. We had a beautiful weekend. It rained Friday evening, but people were climbing at 9 AM Saturday. Where were you, and what was your weather doing that made you think it was raining in Squamish?

So, one cannot question the actions of the military because it is equivalent to hating the US? In what universe? That sounds more Orwellian than anything I remember reading in the Federalist Papers....

No, but when one perpetually makes excuses for the enemy, tries to make every other place on the earth sound like heaven compared to the U.S. and is decidedly berrating the U.S. and everything about it it makes you stop and think...

I don't see him being an apologist for The Enemy, I think he's rightfully upset that we present ourselves as somehow morally superior and yet don't live up to that ideal. I have a litany of complaints about my country and my countrymen, but I'm not saying I'd rather live in, say, Bangladesh. I feel that people that question the actions of government and its instruments are living up to what our founders had in mind. I feel that way regardless of whether their views are liberal or conservative. Not all of us who are unhappy with things, and would like to see them better, appreciate being called 'Haters of America'. And,yes, I have complaints about liberal *and* conservatives issues.

can't you people stop talking about prisoner torture in iraq, it's obvious it's making the warmongers uncomfortable. so uncomfortable in fact, that they'll stoop down to accusing you of being a traitor if you bring it up one more time. so let's get back on topic and talk only about how perverted the un is or else ...

and Mr. Foraker... you have a gift with hyperbole. rolleyes.gif

this from the guy comparing the Iraq quagmire to World War II and the American Revolution

yes, the same guy who just said that joshk hated the us because he pointed out that soldiers were soldiers no matter what uniform they wore.

and Mr. Foraker... you have a gift with hyperbole. rolleyes.gif

this from the guy comparing the Iraq quagmire to World War II and the American Revolution

yes, the same guy who just said that joshk hated the us because he pointed out that soldiers were soldiers no matter what uniform they wore.

Again with the hyperbole... I stated that it was a conglomeration of the 99% smirk.gif of Josh's posts that were combative towards some aspect of life in the U.S.