Name that cliff

ken4ord

No I don't have a picture or anything, I just can't remeber the name of that area up along the coast here in WA that has some good seaside or seaview climbing. Mt. something? Where is it? What is the name? And what routes would you reccomend?

Thanks.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt Erie?

A great place! The main wall has zig-zag a mega fun 2-4 pitch 5.7. Lots of sandwiched, bolted 5.8-5.10 pitches put up as variations in the last few years. Also several 5.11 sport routes at the base. The view (particularly at sunset is amazing) N Cascades, puget sound, rainier, olympics san juans all from one perpsective. Lots of eagles can see riding thermals as well.

Right outside of Anacortes.

No I don't have a picture or anything, I just can't remeber the name of that area up along the coast ... that has some good seaside or seaview climbing. Mt. something? Where is it? What is the name? And what routes would you reccomend?

Thanks.

Stawamus Chief, Malemute, Seal Cove, Copper Cove, Lighthouse Park wave.gif

You should check out all the climbs in the shady hollow area, Allen Henshaw pre-memorial route 5.6 is fun, the slab on the left, finger licking good 10b? is also fun. If your gonna do zig zag, do the spring board variation 5.7. On the last pitch walk out on the dead snag do one commiting move off the tree and clip a crappy old piton, very fun.

You should check out all the climbs in the shady hollow area, Allen Henshaw pre-memorial route 5.6 is fun, the slab on the left, finger licking good 10b? is also fun. If your gonna do zig zag, do the spring board variation 5.7. On the last pitch walk out on the dead snag do one commiting move off the tree and clip a crappy old piton, very fun.
The springboard is not recommended if you are a fattie. It's getting awfully brittle. It has been dead for many years.

mt Eerieeeee bigdrink.gif

You make it sound SCARY! hahaha.gif

Or like he's Dr. Evil. With frickin lazer beams!

MMmmmmHHahhahahahhaaaha!!

it is scary...tourons have been seen at the parking lot throwing rocks down the hills towards climbing rocks...

still fun place. the snag crack is a must-do at sunset.

sport routes are neat. bigdrink.gif