Free Martha!

snugtop

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what always happens when people have gotten off easy for crimes and then the public gets pissed. All of a sudden, someone needs to be made an example of. I don't expect for her to serve any jailtime, and the downfall of her business and her public humilation are far more punitive than anything the courts could hand down.

I've been trying to put my finger on what it is about Martha that makes so many people claim to hate her. She's rich, but wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She earned what she has. All of it.

I think what drives the ill will in people is jealousy. Martha can do what she does because of an incredible amount of energy and drive. People like that are rare. People know that they could do what she has done it they worked hard enough, but very few are willing.

I can't honestly dislike the woman, cause all I know about her real personality comes from gossip. Other than that, I think people hate her because of what she embodies: the bored, rich, waspy housewife that people resent because she hasn't had to do a days work in her life and looks down on people.

But if she's the hell-bitch off-camera people say she is, then she reaps what she sows.

I don't particularily like Martha, but that doesn't really matter. The way I see it you play the game then you pay. She was found guilty no if and's or but's about it. I was really surprised that she was found guilty since it seem most of the time rich people can buy their way out of anything.

I've been trying to put my finger on what it is about Martha that makes so many people claim to hate her. She's rich, but wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She earned what she has. All of it.

I think what drives the ill will in people is jealousy. Martha can do what she does because of an incredible amount of energy and drive. People like that are rare. People know that they could do what she has done it they worked hard enough, but very few are willing.

i don't like martha b/c she makes it seem like doing all that stuff is simple, easy and takes no time at all. she makes me feel inadequate b/c my table doesn't have a centerpiece, i haven't made some nifty placemats, prepared a 3 course meal each night and my home doesn't have a "decor". she makes it seem like being a domestic goddess is a piece of cake and we should all be doing it...not trouble.

she makes me feel inadequate

This is total bullshit. Noone makes you feel anything; you choose to feel that way.

And badvoodoo, she worked hard to create her wealth. How is that being a bored, rich, waspy housewife? She has tons of energy and drive. Unfortunately, she chose to break the law and has to pay the piper. I think CBS is right; it's pure jealousy.

This is total bullshit. Noone makes you feel anything; you choose to feel that way.

And badvoodoo, she worked hard to create her wealth. How is that being a bored, rich, waspy housewife? She has tons of energy and drive. Unfortunately, she chose to break the law and has to pay the piper. I think CBS is right; it's pure jealousy.

greg-stfu. don't try and add a bunch of psychoanalysis into that comment. blug rolleyes.gif

greg-stfu. don't try and add a bunch of psychoanalysis into that comment. blug rolleyes.gif

Fuck you, too. Martha could help you maximize the kitschiness of all those knick-knacks you have ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!! Bwahahahahaahah!!!!!

sure it is easy for her, her children are grown, and she has an army of employees. yes she has worked hard, but she is all about money and welath. I frankly much preferd the Simple Mag to Living. I spent 8 years as a house wife. It was fun, but hard. and although I managed to pick up some pointers from her, mostly the stuff was too "rich" or too time consuming for me ( had 2 kids under 5)I guess I am just more practicle than that, or I like to do other things than just my house