Phish -Vegas....tix on sale now

Lambone

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude...that's like the old Gratefull Dead joke. like get some originality and make up a new on, eh!

but the phishheads are the new deadheads but without the originality the_finger.gif I mean being a Deadhead was some sort of statement when it ws something new, buit beinga Phishhead is like "Oh wow I want to justify being a trustafarian, what is some band I can pledge allegiance to so as to live the lifestyle?" rolleyes.gif

yeah, so what?

What's the point of critisizing the way people wanna live their lives? Ever think some pseudo hippie might have similar things to say about you? For instance, why the hell would someone want to spend half their life posting to a stupid internet web site? Or why anyone would want to waste their time climbing in the first place?

Either pursuit could be easily critisized, yet they are both esentialy about being free, enjoying life, traveling, meeting other cool people, and having fun along the way. They are also both equaly self indulgant. Ok so climbers are generaly in better shape...so thats one plus, but both climbing bums and phishheads are typicaly broke, smell bad, drive around in beaters, and eat burritos. Those who arn't typicaly have big trust funds, and I'd argue that there are just as many trusticlimbers as there are trustifarians, often they are one in the same.

Regardless it makes no difference. I'm getting away from my point, which is why judge people based on their pursuits, their niche, or their click...whatever you want to call it? Even more so why should a Rock Band be defined by the way their fans are characterized and generalized?

Think what you will, I enjoy endulging in that scene once in a while, people watching, laughing it all up, yeah I also think it's fun to judge your typical Phisheads character through observation and superficial interaction....why not. It's not something I could spend a whole year, or even a summer doing. But like Lummox said, cheap drugs abound and a party is to be had. So I'll finish cranking off Prince of Darkness or Chrymson..swing by the strip and play a hand, then go down to the lot and score a dime bag and 5 dollar glass hitter, then line up for front row. And the next day I'll do the same thing...only maybe with some fungal tea. Jam out to my favorite guitar player...then go kick it under the stars by a camp fire. I really couldn't ask for much more.

Me thinks you're just jealous. bigdrink.gif

But I'm not here to brag. I posted this to find out who else is making the trip, cause I know others here are. mushsmile.gif