what is the purpose of phlegm?

lummox

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was invented at a secret lab in West Virginia at the direction of Dwight Eisenhower during the Cold War. It was meant to incapacitate the Soviets, but somehow it leaked out during a raid of a secure warehouse that was under the direct pervue of J. Edgar Hoover by the OSS/CIA.

It was invented at a secret lab in West Virginia at the direction of Dwight Eisenhower during the Cold War. It was meant to incapacitate the Soviets, but somehow it leaked out during a raid of a secure warehouse that was under the direct pervue of J. Edgar Hoover by the OSS/CIA.

I thought it was one of Saddam's botched WMD experiments. Damn him.

No worries. Your brains are just leaking out through your nose.

Seriously though, it traps and gets rid of the bad stuff you breathe in and tries to prevent infection. But sometimes that doesn't work and you end up with gobs and gobs of some pretty grose stuff. If it seems different than other colds you've had or you start running a fever, call your doctor. There's some nasty bugs out there. My cold a couple weeks ago turned into walking pneumonia. Which totally sucks. thumbs_down.gif

No worries. Your brains are just leaking out through your nose.

Seriously though, it traps and gets rid of the bad stuff you breathe in and tries to prevent infection. But sometimes that doesn't work and you end up with gobs and gobs of some pretty grose stuff. If it seems different than other colds you've had or you start running a fever, call your doctor. There's some nasty bugs out there. My cold a couple weeks ago turned into walking pneumonia. Which totally sucks. thumbs_down.gif

uggh. i am taking home remedy shizzle and will survive. but it is annoying as a lap dog barking. i am going to bed.

wave.gif

I've found that using a preservative-free nasal spray helps flush that shit out better. I think it helps me get over colds faster or avoid them altogether.

As a clarification, I use a nasal spray that is purely salt and sterilized water. I mix it myself. 99% of nasal sprays that sell OTC have bad shit in them (even the ones who say they don't).

I found a great way to get rid of chest congestion. It involved a 32 oz can of pickled jalepenos, a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups and a lot of water. By the time I finished about half the can, I was coughing up all kinds of foul crap. In case you're wondering, the peanut butter cups were to cool the heat every now and again. Worked like a charm.

I remember coming back from se utah backcountry after 10 days and using a squeeze bottle shoved up my nose, firing in mild salt water until it rocketed out the other side. Unbelievable how much crud you got up there just hanging out, took minutes for it to turn clear mmmmm. yellaf.gif

• 4 weeks later...