amazing celestial stuff i seen recently

lummox

this past season i saw two kickass phenomena kinda stuff.

one was the 'green flash'. not so much a flash as an intense green glow above where the sun just went down. i was off the coast of baja california on a clear october day. perfect conditions for it. the glow lasted about 3 seconds.

the second happened just the other day out in the desert while i was driving. i saw a falling star in the middle of the day. blew me away. made a wish on it too.

you all seen any freaky shit like that?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this past season i saw two kickass phenomena kinda stuff.

one was the 'green flash'. not so much a flash as an intense green glow above where the sun just went down. i was off the coast of baja california on a clear october day. perfect conditions for it. the glow lasted about 3 seconds.

the second happened just the other day out in the desert while i was driving. i saw a falling star in the middle of the day. blew me away. made a wish on it too.

you all seen any freaky shit like that?

Since this thread kind of has a weird vibe, I'll continue along those lines.

The 'green flash' has been referred to as the eye of God (or the eye of Reason, the sun being equated with the light of reason) and thus is equivalent to the eye depicted on the apex of the pyramid visible on the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States (also shown on the back of the US dollar bill). Latin wording is seen above and below: annuit coeptis Latin. He (God) has favored our undertakings. novus ordo seclorum Latin. A new order of the ages. The latter is the motto on the U.S. Great Seal.

"Both phrases on the seal are taken from Virgil's Aeneid, thus identifying the American Republic with the virtues of the ancient Roman Republic. "Annuit Coeptis" comes from Virgil's lines, "Jupiter omnipotens, audacibus annue coeptis" (All-powerful Jupiter, favor my daring undertakings). "Novus ordo Seclorum" comes from another Virgil quote, "magnus ab integro seclorum nascitur ordo" (A mighty order of ages is born anew),referring to the birth of the Roman Republic. Charles Thomson explained that the pyramid sugnifies strength and duration and the eye and the motto ," ... allude to the many signal interpositions of Providence in favor of the American cause". He also stated that the date underneath the pyramid "...is that of the Declaration of Independence and the words beneath it signify the beginning of the new American era, which commences from that date."

Seems like all this symbolism (sigils, incantations, etc.) takes on added meaning with the Neoconservatives' Project for a New American Century, which is proposed as an outline justification for the invasion of Iraq. Told ya this would be wacky.

BTW, I haven't seen any unusual celestial events but others have: News story, January 6, 2004

"Hundreds of Spaniards have reported seeing balls of fire or incandescent objects fall from the sky, emergency centres said.

Some of the objects are believed to have sparked fires. The phenomenon was reported on a stretch reaching from Galicia in the north-west to the Balearic Islands in the east.

No injuries were reported.

In northern Leon province, residents reported seeing a ball of fire light up the sky and explode in a mountainous area, igniting a fire and shaking house windows.

A similar explosion was heard near Palencia in the north."

Also: News story, January 2, 2004

A meteorite has hit northern Iran causing minor damage to property but there were no immediate reports of casualties, state radio has said.

It said the impact sent locals in panic onto the streets in the northern town of Babol in Mazandaran province.

"A meteorite which hit Babol on Friday morning caused only some minor damage to residential units," radio said, without giving further details or citing any source.

It said the impact was felt up to one kilometre away.

Back around 1997 me and the misses were climbing Baker around April. I'll never forget waking up to piss and looking up to see the most amazing view of the comet (either Hale Bop or Hiakutake). It looked like it was air brushed in the sky. The detail was unbelievable.

I think it must have been Hale Bop cause I saw all of those Nike shoed folk riding in the space ship behind the comet. fruit.gif

In 82, a friend and I were pulling out our driveway pointing west when we saw a huge flaming purple group of space junk flying east. It seemed to move in slow motion and we were both coming off a long party ( mushsmile.gif) so it took us a couple seconds to realize, this is real, we are not that high anymore. The sherrif in East Missoula called his deputies and they drove all over the mountains to the north looking for the space invaders. Meanwhile, way up north on the Yukon, two friends of a friend of mine were hangin after almost a month on the river. They still had another month to go and had no particular plans. When they woke up the next morning, it was to the sound of large helicopters. They were the US military kind. Upon spotting these two luckless saps, the helicopters landed and cuffed them and put all of their belongings in a helicopter and took them to a military base along the radar line that detects incoming nukes and interrogated them for three days. The purple ball was a Russian satellite and the military suspected the conoers to be Russian spies timing the response time of the military. They never saw their belongings again.

Not the natural celestial stuff, but, about 5 weeks ago I got to see just how much junk there is up there. I was east of Lake Whatcom wandering in the woods a little over an hour after sunset. When I looked up I did a double take when I reckognized that I was seeing Three satelites all in what looked like a very loose formation.