Thieving Jerk Offs

glen

Just a reminder to keep your planks locked up at the resorts this season. Went up to Snowcrummie for some night turns last night and forgot to bring my lock. Stepped into the lodge for a moment and when I got out, my board had been snaked. Another guy had his borad stolen from the same spot at the same time as me, indicating that it was pre meditated. The ski patrol made some comments about theft-rings operating in the area. Beware and if you see someone out there taking shit, give them hell!

Worse than a snaf.gif

the_finger.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifthe_finger.gifmadgo_ron.gifthe_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

glen - sorry to hear of your loss. i would advise you to spraypaint your topsheet, cover it with stickers, or let a skier scrape the hell out of. then it won't be all shiny and asking to be stolen.

marylou - whats up with the homeowners ins.? isn't there normally a deductible on that kind of stuff or will the ins. pay the total estimated loss?

i would advise you to spraypaint your topsheet, cover it with stickers, or let a skier scrape the hell out of. then it won't be all shiny and asking to be stolen.

Or just get in the lift line in front of Eerie and he'll take care of trashing it for you!

That sucks! I always separate my skis. Just curious, If I saw a snowboarder walk up and snag a snowboard, how the hell would I know he's stealing it??? It just seems so easy. Two guys in snowboard regalia drive up to snocrummie, park the car, walk up to the base, scope out a few unlocked boards, snag one each and walk back to the car and drive back to Seattle. They probably watched you and the other guy head into the lodge and were gone within 30 seconds. Only a sting operation will bust these guys. Ski resorts should have surveillance cameras and make sure they advertise such proficiently. That would make thieves think twice.

Lambone, I'd like to think most tele skiers wouldn't steal either, but I think tele skis are targets also. These guys are prolly stealing to fence, not use.

glen - sorry to hear of your loss. i would advise you to spraypaint your topsheet, cover it with stickers, or let a skier scrape the hell out of. then it won't be all shiny and asking to be stolen.

I had my 4 year old board stolen from crystal last year. It was pretty beat up with ski scratches and a chuck missing from it. The binding were pretty worn and had diffent color straps on it, but it was stolen anyways. I didn't think any one would be interested in it. Luckily I had already planned on getting a new one, but just didn't find the time till then.

Sorry to hear of your loss! cry.gif

madgo_ron.gifI had a brand new pair of Atomic Supercross' stolen last year at Crystal. The security department there found the guy trying to sell mine and another person's sticks on eBay. The other skis that were stolen from Crystal a week or two prior had the owners name written on them with a black sharpie pen. It was pretty obvious at that point as they were Race Stock skis (very rare and hard to come by). Mine had a few distinguishing characteristics also. Beware of the eBay seller "bigfordtruck". Assuming the fucker is out of jail, he's probably back to stealing other people's shit again.

Write down serial #'s of all your gear. Generally the cops can't get you your stuff back unless you have it to match to the stolen stuff.

Props go out to Crystal for being proactive and helping nab the c*cksucker!

Oh, and THEN what happened?

Well, the borrowers left me a gift! They left me a couple of Outkast cd's(!) (stereo boxxx, the love below), a couple of n.e.r.d. cd's, ll cool j (!), black eyed peas, trick daddy, and linkin park (hmmm).

But crap, I just realized this is a commiseration thread, and here I am being all happy and shit. Sorry.

Always look on the bright side? When life hands you lemons, throw them at sexual chocolate?

Maybe they were just borrowed. that's the way i viewed my van loss. I mean, can anything really disappear in this universe?

Crystal seems to be pretty proactive in reducing theft. One year they set up a roadblock because of a report of skis stolen. It must of been a string of them in one day 'cause I can't see them doing that for one pair of skis. We were questioned at the roadblock and they looked at our equipment through the window.

I'm thinking though that the type of person Crystal attracts is generally less inclined to steal than say at Snoqualmie. Except for Enumclaw, there really isn't a whole lot of random people in close access to Crystal as there is at the other areas.