Killer Nurse

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Controversial thoughts...(not completely organized or refined)

Is this such a black and white issue? Why are some people so intent on keeping abortion legal and propagating death of fetuses but when the other extreme is aired out it's considered wrong? I suspect this practice occurs more frequently than is reported. A family doctor in this case can administer the last rites so to speak while the patient is able to coherently say goodbye to his family members.

The nurse may be judged crazy or criminal by today's standards. But if he did it with the patient's consent and with intent of providing death with dignity, i.e., the patient chooses death while conscious before entering into a twilight period of drugged existence. Couldn't you consider this the last conscious act of a sound individual? Why must death remain god's realm? We already control much about the birth and existence of people.

Why is it ok to keep someone alive by intervention but keeping said patient doped up? I heard a statistic that up to 80% of all health care dollars are spent during the last six months of dying patients' lives. This practice is devastating to the surviving family.

Edited by scrambler

With the ever-spiraling cost of health care and medication, I wonder if we won't be seeing more of this type of thing with the chronically ill. I'm for it; especially when it's my time.

Maybe a good idea would be to do something about the "ever-spiraling cost of health care" first before we decide to start killing people because the bills are too high.

Scrambler: Your commentary poses some interesting questions from a philosophical point of view. My thought is that one must be wary of setting bad precedence if you allow such atrocities. As William Blake said, "You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough."

I invite you to review the movie Logan's Run. grin.gif

but more seriously - i don't see anything where it said the patients consented or asked for a lethal injection unlike in the kevorkian cases or other physician assisted suicides.

aren't those legal in Oregon or something?

yep and yep

had they asked...it would be a different story

I invite you to review the movie Logan's Run. grin.gif

Logan's Run...pulp sci-fi B grade movie, counteracted the generation gap Zeitgeist of the late 60's/early 70's by advancing the scenario of the 'hope I die before I get old' idea to its illogical conclusion and actually acted as the original idea's antithesis. As a kid, I thought the idea that everyone over the age of 30 gets the axe was a nifty idea. Think of the opportunities! Rev up production, sex abundant! No, seriously I liked the idea of 'sanctuary' better. It harkened back to an older, simpler time when you could feel safe again despite the existential anxiety of a rapidly changing world.