The Troops got the bastard

Scott_J

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hussein reminds me of Louis Freeh, our former FBI Director. I didn't want to hear anything he disagreed with. He was famous for shooting the messenger. Many capable people were demoted or transferred. After eight years of that, many of the best managers retired. Sorry for the thread drift, but I just finished Kessler's book.

Now is not the time to be blindly accepting everything presented to you by the US gov't and the US media at face value.

Finding the guy disoriented, disheveled, and docile seems pretty surprising to me. His sons fought to the death, and I'd have expected him to do the same, or to kill himself. It's too convenient in terms of our propaganda war for the guy to somehow turn up looking like a "rat in a hole" as one military guy put it today.

You guys are entitled to take it at face value though, just as I'm entitled to keep asking questions.

Maryloser- While your busy looking for a sinister plan I'll still be getting laughs. It's funny to see people like you so up tight when anything might go "right" when Bushy is in office. The like of you folks just foaming at the mouth is fucking hilarious. All you thrive on is hatred and contempt instead of any sort of resemblence of facts.

yelrotflmao.gifhahaha.gif

It's not necessarily surprising that he'd be found like a rat - look at the capture of the Nazis - few fought to the death.

I am curious what proof they have that the person they found is Saddam - after all this is a paranoid psyhcopath with tens of body doubles who hasn't been seen in public in years.

As to proving this is Saddam: I suppose now that you have him and his (dead) sons, you could do DNA testing and/or blood testing to ascertain whether the three people are related. If the three are found to be related, then it can reasonably be argued that the three people are who we (the U.S. Coilition Forces) say they are.

Still, there will always be the naysayers like Marylou. These are the same people that poo-pooed the war effort in saying "but we haven't even caught Saddam yet. This war is illegitimate." Now that Saddam is caught they want to try and save face. They will now re-pick up the WMD initiative for their camp's soapbox.

klenke said:

As to proving this is Saddam: I suppose now that you have him and his (dead) sons, you could do DNA testing and/or blood testing to ascertain whether the three people are related. If the three are found to be related, then it can reasonably be argued that the three people are who we (the U.S. Coilition Forces) say they are.

I was thinking along the same lines.

As with the Kennedy assassination there are always people who'd like to believe in fantasy.

Maryloo,Good god, so just because YOU think he should have fought or killed himself everyone else is wrong and it all should be under suspicion? Though you know NOTHING of what has gone on in his life for the last 8 months? Get over your brilliance it is really quite dull in reality.

So what is your great theory?That we caught him months ago and made him grow a beard to his chest and didn't give him a shower for that time so we could make him look a little out of it?Don't you think w/ the election year coming up that Bush would want to put this feather in his cap ASAP to end the all doubters and take away some ammo from the democrats? You are a real bonehead if you think otherwise.

cj001f said:

It's not necessarily surprising that he'd be found like a rat - look at the capture of the Nazis - few fought to the death.

I am curious what proof they have that the person they found is Saddam - after all this is a paranoid psyhcopath with tens of body doubles who hasn't been seen in public in years.

I heard they have already done DNA testing on him. Positive, of course.

Mary Lunatic:

I know you union workers make a decent wage, but you seem to be a little short on cash. I just mailed you a check for $12.95 so you can...

1. Buy a clue

2. Stop off at Wal Mart and buy a can of STFU

You want to cite some other media that conflicts with the US media accounts of the events? Or you just want to be bitter and continue to make an ass out of yourself? Stick with your talents I guess...

John Alan Mohammed / Lee Malvo ... found sleeping in a car

Ted Kazinski....found in an underground root cellar/shack

Eric Robert Rudolph....found dumpster diving wazzup.gif

Oh, calm down, you rabid bunch of spray dogs. All of the information regarding the capture of SH has thus far come from one source, the US gummint. There's nothing wack job about being a little skeptical until all the facts are in.

And Klenke's right. I for one have never supported the invasion and occupation of Iraq by the USA. Even if we did capture SH today, it doesn't make the whole thing okay with me.

Marylooloo,

How about we put you over in Iraq, put a $25,000,000 bounty on your head, set you up w/ a internet account so everyone will inevitably despise you and want to turn you in , then have the most powerful nation in the world hunt you day in and out for 8 months and see what you look like and where you finally end up? Sound good? I'm sure we could take up a collection to get a plane ticket for you. Sounds like Will is in... thumbs_up.gif

I for one am damned glad that he is in custody. I did not and for the most part do support the war and occupation. I do however believe this guy needed to be removed from power. Is there a shadow of doubt that it really is Sadaam? I'll choose to believe it's him until proven otherwise. I second Will's comments about historically guys like this when captured do tend to go quietly. Kinda like they are big chicken shits one on one with no one backing them up.

I hope that this brings and end or at least a huge slow down on the attacks on American troops in Iraq.

Now let's get this thing over with, get our troops home and prosecute Halliburton, get Bush out of office and be done with it!

I'm curious of the exact details of how we actually got him.... which I assume we may never hear.

Was he asleep? Did we gas him? Did he have even half a chance to reach for a weapon? Did he have any warning of capture (i.e. noise from outside)?

I am truly amazed that he was captured without any shots fired from either side.

Here's what was said on the Evening News (NBC) just now:

Acting on a tip from one of Saddam's co-thugs, the Army stormed two residences. In one of them in the (back)yard, they found a hole covered over by camoflauging (bricks and dirt). About eight feet down in the hole, which was sort of L-shaped and about 6 ft x 8 ft, they found SH lying face down. The hole had ventilation with a fan, so it was obviously a bunker for hiding in. No cell phone or other communications devices were found with him. They said he had a pistol on him but how are you really going to fight when you're in a hole against unknown numbers of enemy above you?