Moccasyms, worth resoling?

Alex

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think slippers might be one of the most resole friendly shoes. I say this because on a stiff shoe, you're going to lose some of the midsole..and hence performace, with each resole due to the removal process. On a slipper, you've got no stiffness issue, as long as the resoler doesn't rip through the leather on the bottom, you're golden. I had a pair of Vipers resoled 3 times and if they didn't have big 'ol holes in the tops they would still be my favorite shoe.

John Ramuta.

You take the slips to Ramuta's shoe repair on 6th and Stewart, and give them to the nice lady behind the counter. That's his mom. She'll send them out to John and he'll fix them up good. Bring your checkbook or cash, as he is not working directly for the family shop.

Hey bungle...

Dave Page thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif

John Ramuta thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Trust me on this...I got 1 relatively ok job and two really shitty jobs from Page (and he was a grumpy asshole to boot, no pun intended) and probably 10 or so absolutely incredible resoles from Ramuta...Your money is better spent going to him instead of Page...He's pleasant, does an awesome job and is smoking fast!!! Decent price too...

YUP MY FRIEND DROPPED SOME SHOES OFF AT PAGE FOR ME A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO...TALK ABOUT A SHITTY JOB..THEY HAVE ALREADY STARTED TO DELAM....THO I AINT WASTING MY TIME GETTIN EM FIXED...I CONSIDER THE SHOES JUNK NOW.

RAMUTA HAS ALWAYS DONE A STELLAR JOB AND FOR A FEW BUCKS LESS TOO!

Alex,

I have seen lots of moccasyms get resoled by Ramuta and they looked great. he's done my red chili slippers 2wice and they are still rockin!

Don't wait to long though, once the leather underneath the rubber is damaged, they are pretty much trashed. He will let you know, it's worth a try. bigdrink.gif

For a long time I was just buying new Moc slippers, I was up to a dozen old worn pairs laying around, than when 5.10 changed them ( the new ones have whiteXX on the pull tabs) to a whimpy rand material , they don't preform as well as the old Moc.

I just got a pair back from Ramuta for ,I think it was like way cheap? 33 bucks.

Ramuta rocks thumbs_up.gif

Untill 5.10 puts the quality back in the Moc's I will just keep resoleing.

I like the resoled pair better than a new pair outstanding preformance

RAMUTA rockband.gif