Three fingers E. face, the Eiger of the cascades?

lancegranite

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can see it from the top of Green Giant Buttress. The snow coulior cutting across it's face actually looks like a good line in a spectacular setting. Other than that the rock looks truly horrid.

Some type of metamorphosed-rotten-shist-hooky (actually I dont know what it is but it certainly looks like crap)

I think there might be some walls in the Cascades that just can't, shouldn't and won't be climbed due to the exccedingly rotten nature of the rock. (Harry Majors makes reference to this idea in his E Face Mox Peak post) That is probably one of them.

Check out a Hollywood fictional film called High Ice from 1980, starring David Janssen. I recall that it was filmed on the east face of Whitehorse Mt. It might give a good indication of what it might be like climbing adjacent Three Fingers.

i've seen the first half hour or so of high ice.

cool: scenery, retro gear (gerry down vests, anyone?)

lame: story, acting

IIRC, four hotshots are making the FA of some rad face, but also bring along Jansson's girlfriend who has never climbed. Two of the guys get killed in an avalanche, but they keep going. The rock looks like black choss, but it must've been good enough to do the rigging for the film crew... someone told me that the movie ends with bad guys, explosions, a helicopter crashing into the mountain, but I never saw the end.