my weekend

erik

well i just wanted to say that i had another great weekend....with almost all new cc.comers...

went to smith and have not a complaint, there appeared to be lots of people there, but with a little hiking we succesfully left them behind.....

and all i have to say is that the best route at smith is tremon delerium.....and wonderful hand crack and if it had been granite i would say one of the top routes on my list.......period

fun people:dru(as always)fernallisonvalpinekannaand a young chap named allistor.......

and if i had to base the greatness of the weekend on anyone thing....it would be my suntan!!!!!!!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only burn I got was from falling over drunk into the campfire when a certain camper returned from an innocent run to "Der Safeway" with inordinate amounts of alcoholic beverages.

Instead of turning in early in preperation for some serious L-worth cranking our happy little campfire turned into full-blown monster-truck rally WWF smackdown craziness. Surfey was burned at the stake and buried at sea. Bridge Creek campground was rockin'! Needless to say, all failed redpoint attempts on Sunday can be attributed to the previous nights debaucheries and/or the distinct higher gravity levels in the area that day. grin.gif" border="0

Smith, me likey.

Erik bring vegetative goodies. pineyK allison anna good to meet you. V i didnt realize that was you. Memo to cc.commers use your online name as well when introducing!

Did sum nice long routes. Marsupial Traverse and Wherever I may Roam on the same day was fun. Like the Tikka for security when topping out at sunset. Like them Gorge cracks. Basalt is fun and it is nice not having endless loose death blocks disguised as holds like at Chossmans Coollee.

Alistair sent many rrrrrrroutes and raved about it and ran around like a headless chicken on speed cuz it was his only visit to Smith ever, he is going back to Scotland in June. PS he is looking for a Valley partner for all of May if anyone is interested.

We drove back via 97 to 90 to 5. Nice views of Stuart area heard Ray and veggie had fun up there. Also checked out Issaquampton and Ellenzberg and similar places. And saw famous Mt. Si. Is there really only one route on all those big rock walls there? wink.gif" border="0

[ 04-02-2002: Message edited by: Dru ]

Nice to meet you Canucks, Dru, and Fern; also it was nice to meet Alistair too.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
.... And saw famous Mt. Si. Is there really only one route on all those big rock walls there?
wink.gif" border="0

[ 04-02-2002: Message edited by: Dru ]

Erik says the haystack is the gayest chunk of rock this side of the Mission Dist. in San Fran.

quote:

Originally posted by Zenolith:
hope you people did the cave route while you were there. tis real neato.

I did that years ago. Twas Fun. The Marsupial Traverse is definitely the shiznit, about as alpine as you can get at Smith without visiting Squaw Rock. That mines of Moria is definitely a unique experience too.

Has anybody here ever climbed Squaw rock or the Poplar anyhow? That looks like it could be a fun day out.