So, I've got this problem.....

vegetablebelay

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey VB,

A buddy of mine worked at this high end girls camp a while back, a week before opening they found a serious rat problem in some of the cabins. Tim says "no problem I have a #110 rat trap." So he takes some extension cords clips one end and then bares the wires and spreads them apart just a little. He hung it from the ceiling so that the wires were about 5" above the ground. Then he took a big wad of cheese and peanut butter tied it on a string and hung it so that it was about 1" above the wires. Plug in the cord and leave. He came in the next morning and found six rats flung around the room. So, he caught a little flack for bein mean but no rat problems after a day and a half.

I can't see it as mean the little buggers got toasted as soon as they sniffed at the bait. blush.gif

olyclimber said:

trask said:

one word - cat

I had an apartment on Queene Anne Hill (seattle), and the cat was the reason that we had rats in there once in a while. The cat would drag a half dead rat into the house, and eventually it would come to and start running all over the place. wave.gif

That cat was bringing you its catch and giving you the satisfaction of the kill. wink.gif

Actually the thing probably never learned how to kill the rats. I think they have to be shown by another cat during the first few months of life. Otherwise they just follow their instinct to chase it and play with it.

Believe me, dead baby birds on the doorstep are worse...especially when you don't see them before stepping outside. hellno3d.gif

ehmmic said:

Believe me, dead baby birds on the doorstep are worse...especially when you don't see them before stepping outside. hellno3d.gif

Yeah, cry.gif me a river... 1/2 eaten mice at the bottom of the stairs on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night (bare feet)... now THAT is bad! hahaha.gif