Chair Peak

montdo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

minx said:

it's pretty cold up there this morning and if the weather stays like this the conditions should be good very soon.

i doubt that....that route needs alot more snow on it b4 it would be in prime conditions. and anyways, freezing level is going way up....

erik said:

minx said:

it's pretty cold up there this morning and if the weather stays like this the conditions should be good very soon.

i doubt that....that route needs alot more snow on it b4 it would be in prime conditions. and anyways, freezing level is going way up....

erik-

i should've posted a pic perhaps but there was fair bit of snow that dumped at that elevation over the last couple days. it may not be in prime condition but it would be climbable.

you're right though, if the freezing level is going up thumbs_down.gif

erik said:

minx said:

pfaa snow is fer sissies right now its in good for dry tooling and moss torquing and chosshooking and verglassgowkiss scumming and such like. tongue.gifrolleyes.gif

minx said:

erik said:

minx said:

erik-

i should've posted a pic perhaps but there was fair bit of snow that dumped at that elevation over the last couple days. it may not be in prime condition but it would be climbable.

JUST CUZ SNOW FELL DOES NOT MEAN IT WOULD BE CLIMBED IN ANY CONDITION OTHER THEN SHITTY SNOW ON SHITTY ROCK.

I WOULDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS PEAK WITHOUT MORE SNOW....ALOT MORE.

BUT I AM SURE YOU COULD CLIMB IT IN ANY CONDITION, BUT I WOULDNT OFFER IT UP TO SOMEONE NEW TO THE AREA WHO IS PROLLY LOOKING FOR GOOD SNOW AND ICE CLIMB TO DO WHEN IT IS SPARSLY COVERED WITH EARLY SEASON SNOW.

erik said:

minx said:

erik said:

minx said:

erik-

JUST CUZ SNOW FELL DOES NOT MEAN IT WOULD BE CLIMBED IN ANY CONDITION OTHER THEN SHITTY SNOW ON SHITTY ROCK.

I WOULDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS PEAK WITHOUT MORE SNOW....ALOT MORE.

BUT I AM SURE YOU COULD CLIMB IT IN ANY CONDITION, BUT I WOULDNT OFFER IT UP TO SOMEONE NEW TO THE AREA WHO IS PROLLY LOOKING FOR GOOD SNOW AND ICE CLIMB TO DO WHEN IT IS SPARSLY COVERED WITH EARLY SEASON SNOW.

erik

just for the sake of reading comprehension, i said soon. not "it's ready now" and i qualified it by saying if this weather keeps up. didn't realize at the time freezing levels were going WAY up.

soon to me implies within the next week or so.....

for reading comprehension and such... soon

so depending on the weather soon can me many things...

i dunno if you have climbed the winter routes on chair, but i have found variable conditions during different points in thw winter. with it typically being more lean and less desirable as a climb due to the fact that there was not enough snow to help the route shape up.

and currently with the amount of snow fall and the predicted snowfall and the predicted freezing levels and what not i would say chair will not be in for some time unless the current trend changes significantly!

moon.gif

nice ass, but keep your pants up moon.gif

sorry guess my sense of time isn't as hurried as yours

and i should've checked the weather forecast. just basing my comments on what i've seen in the last couple of days. the conditions were a little lean in early december last year alright, hope they're better this year!

wave.gif

alright already! i was wrong. i should've looked at the forecast! i was just basing my opinion on what i saw this w/e.

and the dictionary doesn't set forth specifics for "soon" for me soon means sometime before the first of the year. mainly b/c that's as SOON as i'd have time to climb it. smirk.gif

i'm bloody sorry erik. i've said i was wrong like 3 times now. shoot boy what do you want?

and scott, go smileysex5.gif yourself wave.gif

Edited by minx