Crummy SUV

Jim

I had to do some field work last week and a truck wasn't available so I had to rent one outta Portland airport. Got stuck with the dreaded Mercury Mountaineer. This POS climbs as well as its namesake. A little mud an snow and this thing gets stuck - I couldn't believe it!! I think a damm Saturn would have been better. The ground clearence on this thing is about that of a VW bug.

Another fancy SUV best left in the QFC parking lot. The only satisfaction I got was having the thing get raked by branches on the overgrown road and seeing a bobcat on the way back down the mountain. Stupid yupster trucks. madgo_ron.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RobBob said:

Now Jim, if you were the good environmentalist that I thought you were, you would have convinced the gov'mint to ditch those gas-guzzling F250s, and replace them with Tacomas or such. tongue.gif

Well, not working for the government they won't listen to me. Tacomas seem ok, but for work way far from the road the 250 has gottten me up and down some steep stuff and back home. I have no use for it as my personal vehicle - we just use them for work.

PS - congrats on the recent long run - those things are hard!!

trask said:

my sti tears up da snow

trask, did you look at the mitsu lancer evo at all? I was looking at that and the sti. My friend who drove them both thought the evo was the better performing car, but it the subaru certainly is the more polished looking vehicle.

lummox - mine is silver - i'm burnt out on black and tired of keeping them clean in the rain.

josh - funny you should mention the evo. yesterday i took my boy drew to the dentist and there was a spankin new blue evo right out front. drew and i knew about the evo's from the rally race scene. anyway, we scoped it out, and it did indeed look righteous. i've always been a subi fan though, and the 300 hp mine kicks out is hard to argue with. both nice cars. thumbs_up.gif

trask said:

lummox - mine is silver - i'm burnt out on black and tired of keeping them clean in the rain.

josh - funny you should mention the evo. yesterday i took my boy drew to the dentist and there was a spankin new blue evo right out front. drew and i knew about the evo's from the rally race scene. anyway, we scoped it out, and it did indeed look righteous. i've always been a subi fan though, and the 300 hp mine kicks out is hard to argue with. both nice cars. thumbs_up.gif

Yes, they are both very sweet cars. It's great to see some of the rally inspired cars making it to US shores after years of decline in the US market of foreign sports cars. I've always been a big subbie fan too, but I think I might try to go test drive the Evo for shits n' giggles.

JoshK said:

trask said:

Yes, they are both very sweet cars. It's great to see some of the rally inspired cars making it to US shores after years of decline in the US market of foreign sports cars. I've always been a big subbie fan too, but I think I might try to go test drive the Evo for shits n' giggles.

bwahahaha. just avoid the green sickness like da one in the kiddy movie '2fast n 2furious. but da pink sistas car is schwank brah. rolleyes.gif