erik

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cracked said:

Baby Orca forgot his meds yet again...

Oh god oh god, I owe Jim Nelson a BIG thanks for steering me toward this site several years ago. I can have the most mundane day and you guys and gals can turn it around so fast. Christ cracked that is one of the best I've heard in a long time. Now remember I work with ED/BD kids, so the meds thing is a reality but the Orca word god damn. I am rolling in the fucking classroom with a pile of 'em right now

sisu_suomi said:

cracked said:

Baby Orca forgot his meds yet again...

Oh god oh god, I owe Jim Nelson a BIG thanks for steering me toward this site several years ago. I can have the most mundane day and you guys and gals can turn it around so fast. Christ cracked that is one of the best I've heard in a long time. Now remember I work with ED/BD kids, so the meds thing is a reality but the Orca word god damn. I am rolling in the fucking classroom with a pile of 'em right now

confused.gif It's been around for a while.

catbirdseat said:

Do yo' ass think we'll ever learn how that shiznit wuz brizzle came has izzall da broken bones? It is not clear whether that shiznit happened in da Humvee crash or if they beat her after pulling her out of da vehicle. Yo' ass can observe a lot just by watching, know what I'm sayin'?"

must be freaky Friday bigdrink.gifyellaf.gif

Maybe Erik didn't say it, Cracked, but I will. I believe Bush and company lied about Jessica Lynch. Administration spokespeople (probably Bush included but I can't remember for sure at this point) commended the brave soldiers who carried out the daring night time rescue of such a brave soldier who had gone down with her gun blazing and then was mistreated by her captors.

Even if they did not actually speak that lie (and I believe they did), the ultimate responsibility for the U.S. Army propaganda lies with GW Bush anyway. He is commander in chief and his people almost certainly "approved" the who spin on the story in the first place, and certainly did nothing to correct any misimpressions in the second.

To borrow a line from Richard Nixon - Bush wants to take all of the responsibility (for making so much progress in the war against terrorism) but none of the blame. It is pathetic that he is trying to get out of taking responsiblity for his citing the African uranium purchase in the single most important and most carefully prepared speech of the year by blaming it on the CIA or whoever -- WTF? Or that nobody in his administration is taking responsibility for or even admitting that they failed to anticipate that there might be ongoing resistence to American occupation. Who in his administration is taking responsibility for cancelling the Clinton administration plans to take out Bin Laden? Nobody. Sorry, but your "logic" here eludes me.

ultimate responsibility for the U.S. Army propaganda lies with GW Bush anyway. He is commander in chief and his people almost certainly "approved" the who spin on the story in the first place, and certainly did nothing to correct any misimpressions in the second.

Just for fun....

Why accuse Bush of lying when some guy responsible for military propaganda blew the thing out of proportion? I find it hard to believe that Bush would have know everything about the attack when (if) he made such a statement. More likely, I can see him being told by some anonymous messenger

"This is Lynch, she was ambushed, fought back, etc, etc. Congratulate her, it's good PR."

Seems pretty unlikely that he would go through verifying EVERYTHING before making a short statement, he's got better things to do. It's politics, for God's sake.

Then again, I can't vote, so you should probably ignore me. wave.gif

cracked said:

ultimate responsibility for the U.S. Army propaganda lies with GW Bush anyway. He is commander in chief and his people almost certainly "approved" the who spin on the story in the first place, and certainly did nothing to correct any misimpressions in the second.

Just for fun....

Why accuse Bush of lying when some guy responsible for military propaganda blew the thing out of proportion? I find it hard to believe that Bush would have know everything about the attack when (if) he made such a statement. More likely, I can see him being told by some anonymous messenger

"This is Lynch, she was ambushed, fought back, etc, etc. Congratulate her, it's good PR."

Seems pretty unlikely that he would go through verifying EVERYTHING before making a short statement, he's got better things to do. It's politics, for God's sake.

Then again, I can't vote, so you should probably ignore me. wave.gif

i agree (though i am ashamed to admit it commign from the source). it is ridiculous to believe that Bush can verify all of his statements with primary sources... he is talking quite litterally all day... it is his fault though indirectly as he appointed his aides and in doing so said that he trusted their 'politics' my 2 cents.

Harpell and Cracked -

He might get away with that excuse in the case of the Jessica Lynch story if it had been a relatively small story and was not one that has been kept alive since then with periodic references to it throughout the media and even a docu-drama TV movie and such. There can be absolutely no such excuse with reference to the uranium purchase -- his guys were repeated told that the story was false and the insisted on using it anyway -- again I note -- in the single most carefully crafted speech of the year.

You guys can stick your head in the sand and blindly march behind the flag, but that is all you are doing.

mattp said:

Harpell and Cracked -

There can be absolutely no such excuse with reference to the uranium purchase -- his guys were repeated told that the story was false and the insisted on using it anyway -- again I note -- in the single most carefully crafted speech of the year.

I don't know anything about this so I have no opinion.

You guys can stick your head in the sand and blindly march behind the flag, but that is all you are doing.

Not true. Either side can be so extreme that opinions have nothing to do with the truth. Then again, I'm living on a large college campus, so I am exposed to much truth......Lyndon LaRouche for President!

cracked - if you don't know anything about his using a false report of Saddam's seeking weapons grade uranium in Africa in his State of the Union Speech, your opinion on absolutely everything that Bush does or says is completely invalid because you are obviously not paying attention.

mattp said:

cracked - if you don't know anything about his using a false report of Saddam's seeking weapons grade uranium in Africa in his State of the Union Speech, your opinion on absolutely everything that Bush does or says is completely invalid because you are obviously not paying attention.

but again that is encompassed by my "his aides' theory... i dont think he lied directly, but he is responsible for the lie given he trusted the wrong people to do his research for him... its all semantics, but i wouldn't say he lied directly.

mattp said:

Ok, sorry. Let me restate that. I don't know what to think about the uranium purchase, that isn't to say I don't know anything about it. The Bushies admit that it was false information, but that it wasn't a deliberate lie, they had based the reference in the speech on faulty intelligence, and that forged documents came into play. Of course, the Democrats loudly yell "Liar!", with some reason. So I'm not sure what I believe. But I thought this was about Jessica Lynch?