RIBBED

Dr_Flash_Amazing

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru said:

AlpineK lost serious coolness for Gong talk about stinky hippie music !!

I'm not clear on Alpine K's "big distinction" but I'd like to point out that Paroah Sanders probably sold almost all of his copies of "Karma" to hippies! I think you started the trend, Dru.

Hippy music, and cool (though only a couple of good tracks):

B0000A0DRX.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

Karma is full of cool groove samples which are still being used today by DJ's.

The only samplers of Gong EVER seem to be FSOL on the Elysian Feels album and that was prog-techno anyhow. thumbs_down.gif

Karma is cool.gif Gong is prog-rock psychedelia. I also see you got your van Der Graaf generator on here - why not some Yes and Peter Gabriel era Genesis too rolleyes.gif STINKY PROG ROCK HIPPIE fruit.gif

[i know, I know, I put that FM album pic up, but only cause Nash the Slash was in the band hahaha.gif] rockband.gif

SUBLIME

Today's Unplayed-For-Days wake-up call is courtesy of the still ahead of its time eleven years later punk/dub/ska/reggae/r & b/hip-hop tapestry known as 40 oz. to Freedom (the original version on cassette with the tracks you can't get on the CD, or anywhere for that matter). Holy wow! Bradley had something special up his sleeve, or maybe something special stuck in his veins; too bad he had it right when he sang "one day I'm gonna lose the war" on the far less classic but not without its brilliant moments Robbin' the Hood.

bigdrink.gif

rockband.gif

Back to the crates, stacks, and CD racks, folks. Unearth a goodie you never should've buried!

thumbs_up.gif

AlpineK said:

There's a huge difference between bands like Gong and the standard American hippy establishment bands Dru rolleyes.gif

But anyway

crimson.gif

Hey, I just listened to this KC album yesterday and I'll be damned if the disc aint got a heinous skipping scratch about 3 minutes into Epitaph. madgo_ron.gif I hate it when that happens. Of course the scratch has to be right during the second verse instead of the repeated chorus.

Note that the current Crimson incarnation is 3/4 comprised of Americans, so it could reasonably be called an American band now, but the music is still decidedly British in feel (and of course Fripp is still there).

The ProjeKcts albums rockband.gif !

AlpineK said:

Dru said:

boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

[i know, I know, I put that FM album pic up, but only cause Nash the Slash was in the band hahaha.gif] rockband.gif

Two faced piece of shit boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthumbs_down.gif

BTW you didn't complain about the Gong I played driving to Tatla Lake hahaha.gif

Was that Gong, I thought it was a record of your cat throwing up boxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gifsnaf.gif

Dru said:

AlpineK said:

Dru said:

Two faced piece of shit boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthumbs_down.gif

BTW you didn't complain about the Gong I played driving to Tatla Lake hahaha.gif

Was that Gong, I thought it was a record of your cat throwing up boxing_smiley.gifthe_finger.gifsnaf.gif

No the Gong was the album I played before you insisted on listening to some Chiliwacko valley, white trash, meth music that you told me was all the rage at home. tongue.gifthe_finger.gifsnaf.gif