The Big Rolling Eyes - Comparing Sprays and non

Dru

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beck said: but case in point on the current bolting thread, yesterday I posted a comment made by Royal Robbins, a notoriously clean climber, about why he STOPPED chopping bolts on a hard man route in the sixties Warren Harding had set...

yellaf.gif You're re-writing recent history Beck. What you actually posted was some muddled bit, no quote whatsoever, about a movie you saw where Robbins started chopping bolts on some Harding route and then stopped. No quote, no examination of motivation or rationale, not even any specific information that would identify things for people without the background in climbing history. You then avowed you would not share your opinion. The whole point of your post was to declare that you went to the movies with Hollyclimber, and in the Rock Climbing Forum that constitutes spray. I'm glad the deletion of your post has actually pushed you to make a point, because your first post completely lacked one, and as an editor I'm sure you would have rejected it as well.

thanks a bunch, off white, and I'm sure your self important job as 'moderator' of an internet bulliten board causes you to become all inflated about other peoples opinions about rock climbing- I will maintain my assertion that a comment about Royal Robbins ceasing to bolt chop is still relevant to a discussion about bolts, and I only reference Holly as I forgot the name of the movie, wheras you reference her several instances... what's wrong, are you smitten, off white? Can't see parallels between royal robbins chopping bolts and people in the NW chopping? are you denser than the rock we climb on?

do you need a couple of bolts so you can pull yourself up, and roll out of bed, out of bed?

"every day in the morning, I get up, and I roll out of bed, roll out of bed. " Leo Kotke Geek_em8.gif

Beck, your post was harmless enough, but it was complete dribble. You and I talked about it last night and admitted that this was probably true, because you were drunk at the time that you wrote it. Simply re-write your brilliant observation and re-post it in a thread where it may have some relation to the topic.

Beck, your post was harmless enough 

Yes I come to the conclusion that anything is harmless as long as it endorces putting in more bolts regardless of style or ethics. All other comments are personal attacks or dribble it seems.

That discussion is one sided and now in the toilet as far as I am concerned. thumbs_down.gif

Hurray for the moderators to edit it into pieces.

Cpt.Caveman said:

Beck, your post was harmless enough 

Yes I come to the conclusion that anything is harmless as long as it endorces putting in more bolts regardless of style or ethics. All other comments are personal attacks or dribble it seems.

That discussion is one sided and now in the toilet as far as I am concerned. thumbs_down.gif

Hurray for the moderators to edit it into pieces.

only harmless posts agreeing with moderator allowed. posts that harm moderator's delicate sensibilities, or harm moderator's argument, not allowed. wave.gif