Everyone hate everyone!

erik

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another reason to vote for Clark in 2004. I have always believed that the president should have had a long service record. Only people in his shoes know the true ugliness of war. He was top in his class at West Point and a Rhodes Scholar. I don't think anyone will have to ask him about his cocaine use.

WHAT WOULD $87 BILLION BUY?

If you can't get through this list without wanting to throw up, I'll understand. But pass it around anyway. This is the nail in the Iraq War's coffin for any sane, thinking individual, regardless of their political stripe (thanks to TomPaine.com and the Center for American Progress)...

To get some perspective, here are some real-life comparisons about what $87 billion means:

$87 Billion Is More Than The Combined Total Of All State Budget Deficits In The United States.

The Bush administration proposed absolutely zero funds to help states deal with these deficits, despite the fact that their tax cuts drove down state revenues. [source: Center on Budget and Policy Priorities]

$87 Billion Is Enough To Pay The 3.3 Million People Who Have Lost Jobs Under George W. Bush $26,363 Each!

The unemployment benefits extension passed by Congress at the beginning of this year provides zero benefits to "workers who exhausted their regular, state unemployment benefits and cannot find work." All told, two-thirds of unemployed workers have exhausted their benefits. [source: Center on Budget and Policy Priorities]

$87 Billion Is More Than DOUBLE The Total Amount The Government Spends On Homeland Security.

The U.S. spends about $36 billion on homeland security. Yet, Sen. Warren Rudman (R-N.H.) wrote "America will fall approximately $98.4 billion short of meeting critical emergency responder needs" for homeland security without a funding increase. [source: Council on Foreign Relations]

$87 Billion Is 87 Times The Amount The Federal Government Spends On After School Programs.

George W. Bush proposed a budget that reduces the $1 billion for after-school programs to $600 million -- cutting off about 475,000 children from the program. [source: The Republican-dominated House Appropriations Committee]

$87 Billion Is More Than 10 Times What The Government Spends On All Environmental Protection.

The Bush administration requested just $7.6 billion for the entire Environmental Protection Agency. This included a 32 percent cut to water quality grants, a 6 percent reduction in enforcement staff, and a 50 percent cut to land acquisition and conservation. [source: Natural Resources Defense Council]

There you go. In black and white. A few million of you will receive this letter. Please share the above with at least a half-dozen people today and tomorrow. I, like you, do not want to see another approval rating over 50%.

- from Michelle's link. Sweet.

Your genius wit almost keeps up to the quality of your spray. In case you draw the wrong conclusion, let me add that your spray is so naive, misleading, and straight-out false, that I have to wonder whether your first name is Al and your last name is Gore. Eat a dick, you cum-guzzling, horse-fucking bag of overripe dogshit.

jon said:

Another reason to vote for Clark in 2004. I have always believed that the president should have had a long service record. Only people in his shoes know the true ugliness of war. He was top in his class at West Point and a Rhodes Scholar. I don't think anyone will have to ask him about his cocaine use.

go wes clark!

i heard that hillary clinton is interested in being his vp. or at least i can start that rumor. the_finger.gif

Your genius wit almost keeps up to the quality of your spray. In case you draw the wrong conclusion, let me add that your spray is so naive, misleading, and straight-out false, that I have to wonder whether your first name is Al and your last name is Gore. Eat a dick, you cum-guzzling, horse-fucking bag of overripe dogshit.

what gave you the impression i was spraying?

whenever you feel that whatever i say is not truthfull, don't be shy (cough,cough) and speak up. of course, don't forget to substantiate your argument. insults don't count (i suspect, deep down, you knew it already). toodles.

Sphinx said:

You are in fine foem tonight Sphinxie grin.gifwink.giffruit.gif

j_b, I've read a few of your ' truthful' articles. Too many. Either way, I know that everything that you post is so irrelevant that it's not worth wasting my time to read it. Quit cutting and pasting multi-page political bullshit. Tool.

You're so full of shit it's obscuring your eyeballs, ears, and apparently, your fingers. Stuff it, bitch! the_finger.gif

it's not worth wasting my time to read it.

well don't read it. (it's not like we can tell the difference anyway)

Quit cutting and pasting multi-page political bullshit. Tool.

don't blame me for doing what right-wingers do on a regular basis on this site.

although it is true, that the usual suspects are a little quieter these days. it's as if the wind was blowing a different direction as of late .... and now you'd want the opposition to shut up. funny, we didn't hear you complain when trask and others continually posted limbaugh-like political commentary every minute of the day.

then there is the matter of the relevance of anything else in this section of the board. as is clearly shown by your following 'comment', the type of which at times constitutes over 50% of the discourse in 'spray'.

i have a solution for you: don't comment on my posts if you are not going to make an informed or at least reasonable remark. if you continue to give me shit in an unreasonable fashion, i'll be right here. just view it as a pavlovian experiment ...

You're so full of shit it's obscuring your eyeballs, ears, and apparently, your fingers. Stuff it, bitch!

Score one for the "mainstream media" tonight;

I watched ABC's World News Tonight this evening and they did a story on Ted Kennedy's recent anti-Bush tirade in which they broke down each accusation made. They asked TK for evidence to back many of his more outrageous claims, and searched on their own as well. The conclusion: all Teddy's claims were "patently false".

Now it looks like the ol' lush is backpeddling big-time. Probably wasn't even sober when he gave the speech.

...The sad thing, is that idealogue stooges like j_b will continue to present garbage like this as "evidence" Bush is a liar. Who was it that said, "if you tell a lie long enough...."?

Fairweather said:

Score one for the "mainstream media" tonight;

I watched ABC's World News Tonight this evening and they did a story on Ted Kennedy's recent anti-Bush tirade in which they broke down each accusation made. They asked TK for evidence to back many of his more outrageous claims, and searched on their own as well. The conclusion: all Teddy's claims were "patently false".

Now it looks like the ol' lush is backpeddling big-time. Probably wasn't even sober when he gave the speech.

...The sad thing, is that idealogue stooges like j_b will continue to present garbage like this as "evidence" Bush is a liar. Who was it that said, "if you tell a lie long enough...."?

in the meantime why don't you give us evidence that "all teddy's claims were patently false". just saying so doesn't cut it. i am surprised to have to mention it.

jon said:

Jon, I might consider Clark...as soon as he figures out what he stands for w/o having to get his every thought "OK'd" by his handlers. (Bill & Hillary).........

(AP) Democratic presidential candidate Wesley Clark backtracked from a day-old statement that he probably would have voted for the congressional resolution authorizing the use of force in Iraq, saying Friday he "would never have voted for this war."

The retired Army general, an opponent of the conflict, surprised supporters when he indicated in an interview with reporters Thursday that he likely would have supported the resolution. On Friday, Clark sought to clarify his comments in an interview with The Associated Press.

"Let's make one thing real clear, I would never have voted for this war," Clark said before a speech at the University of Iowa. "I've gotten a very consistent record on this. There was no imminent threat. This was not a case of pre-emptive war. I would have voted for the right kind of leverage to get a diplomatic solution, an international solution to the challenge of Saddam Hussein."

Clark's initial remarks left members of his campaign team a bit flummoxed.

"That caught me off guard a little. The general has been very critical of the war," said George Bruno, a New Hampshire activist.

Clark launched his bid for the Democratic nomination on Tuesday with the type of media attention candidates crave, but early missteps underscore the dangers facing his late-starting campaign.

The former NATO commander and his campaign staff went back and forth on whether he will participate in a Democratic debate next week — all in a single day. Creating more confusion were Clark's comments on the resolution that gave President Bush the authority to use U.S. military force to oust Saddam, remarks that were at odds with his opposition to the war.

Veteran Democrats pointed out that Clark is in the unusual position of trying to put a major presidential campaign in place and clearly lay out his positions in the glare of the media spotlight. Other candidates have had months to hone their message below the political radar.

"If politics were theater, you get to open in New Haven (Conn.)," rather than on Broadway, said veteran Democratic strategist Bill Carrick, who warned of the dangers of "policy on the fly."

Added Carrick: "Howard Dean has been out there for two years rehearsing his act."

Carrick compared some of the difficulties Clark has faced to the early days of Edward Kennedy's 1980 bid for the Democratic presidential nomination, also a late-starting campaign where the Massachusetts senator tended to blurt out comments that reshaped the race. Kennedy predicted, for instance, that he would beat President Carter in Iowa; Carter easily prevailed.

Twenty-five years later those gaffes stick in Carrick's mind. "It completely changed the expectations," he said. "It was all triggered by the late start."

The nine other Democratic candidates also have spent the last few months meeting with Democratic activists across the country, getting feedback on various issues and testing their campaign lines.

"I'm sure Howard Dean has tried a variety of things along the way," said veteran Iowa activist Jeff Link. "By the time people began paying attention, he had it down pretty good."

Iowa casts its votes in four months, giving Clark little time to smooth out the rough edges.

"The question is, is he ready to jump into a huge national campaign that's just a few months away," Link said. "That is a pretty good sized organization with a lot of moving parts."

In the interview, Clark sketched out a checkerboard of positions, saying he would leave in place a tax cut for middle-income Americans and indicating his support for gun rights, although he supports a ban on assault weapons.

Clark said the helter-skelter effort to build his campaign was "like trying to bottle lightning," but he shrugged off the early stumbles.

"It doesn't bother me a bit," he said. "It helps you get the message out across America. When you start late, you need that."

From what I've read, the guy is still living in the cold war. He wanted to retake an airport in Bosnia from our Russian allies...by force!

Fairweather said:

j_b said:

toodles.

...My suspicions about j_b now proven beyond any doubt. ::pink emoticon grabing ankles:

this is on par with your level of political commentary ...

and what does follow? the pink triangle on the shirt for every suspect?

j_b said:

Fairweather said:

j_b said:

toodles.

...My suspicions about j_b now proven beyond any doubt. ::pink emoticon grabing ankles:

this is on par with your level of political commentary ...

and what does follow? the pink triangle on the shirt for every suspect?

Have you ever climbed in your life? Seems to me all you do is read political commentary coming from the extreme right, and to make sure that you don't get a balanced view, you don't read anything else. You are one of the few posters on this site that I wouldn't shake the hand of if I met you in person. yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif