Post for gun lovers- Something to chew on.

allthumbs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no favorite gun. I love 'em all. heeheehee evils3d.gif

a small poem by a Scotsman

The One o'Clock Gun

What gars the Embro’ man feel prood?

When a’ is said ad dune

It’s no St Giles or Holyrood

but thon big, noisy gun

He’s staundin there in Princes Street

No makin ony fuss,

But richt at Allan Ramsay’s feet

He’s waitin for the bus

When, wow, he gies an unco sterth

Lowps bait feet aff the grun

And by the duntin o’ his hert

He kens he’s heard the gun

Then as the collieshangie stills,

He hears anither soun’

As doos frae a’ the windo-sills

Flee up and circle roun’

But he pretends he disna care;

He thinks it splendid fun

To launch at ony stranger there

That’s frichtened by the gun.

And as he gangs his couthy way

He feels baith glad and prood

That Embro’s gun bangs aff at one

And soun’s sae monstrous lood!

Douglas Fraser

mr.radon said:

For home defense a pump action shotgun is the best. If someone is in the house and they hear that sucker getting cocked, they've got to have some big balls to stay around. If they do the shot gun is a whole lot better then a pistol or assault rifle in the house.

I just inherrited an old Winchester model '97 that is reported to have the LOUDEST action there is and also has the distinction of not having a trigger disengage meaning that a person can simply hold the trigger and pump the action as fast as they can. 1897.jpg

This shotgun was also used by US Army in WWI - Korea as a "trench gun" in a modified (short) version. Geek_em8.gif

And it compliments my old Winchester '94 rifle so nicely. thumbs_up.gif

Bronco said:

mr.radon said:

For home defense a pump action shotgun is the best. If someone is in the house and they hear that sucker getting cocked, they've got to have some big balls to stay around. If they do the shot gun is a whole lot better then a pistol or assault rifle in the house.

I just inherrited an old Winchester model '97 that is reported to have the LOUDEST action there is and also has the distinction of not having a trigger disengage meaning that a person can simply hold the trigger and pump the action as fast as they can. 1897.jpg

This shotgun was also used by US Army in WWI - Korea as a "trench gun" in a modified (short) version. Geek_em8.gif

And it compliments my old Winchester '94 rifle so nicely. thumbs_up.gif

Bronco, that is a wonderful old shotgun!! Take care of it and it will be handed down again.

I got a chance to use one when I was about 14. Never forgot the pump and trigger hold for ducks. It rocked. pitty.gif

The pros in alaska use a shot gun when doing fish counts, or fish studies. You have the advantage of using the first round(buck shot at a distance)to blow dust in the bear's face or put a pile of buck shot over their head. I was sold on this by the Feather, Fur and Fin boys and girls.

Now, the bow hunters like to have a 45-70 with the stock cut down for bear back up.

Basically its personal and ya just have to appreciate that when dealing with a bear, or cat