SUMMER BLOWS!

Sphinx

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoker said:

Sphinx said:

I've had too much sun and not enough pain. It's always warm, the weather is perfect, there aren't any interesting conditions in the mountains, my tools haven't been used for six months. LET IT END! PLEASE, LET IT END! cry.gifcry.gif

Jeez, Sphinky...You want to swing yer tools and have adventure. rolleyes.gif

Did the Price glacier vanish? The N Face of Buckner must be loaded with tourons, moon.gif too many bugs on the Ice Cliff glacier? Perhaps there's something wrong with your tools? I've got some great sticks with mine this summer already and we're not even into the really prime time yet.

If you want, I can check and see if your Cobras work in alpine ice, your welcome to send em my way and I'll report back in a few weeks as to wether they are still good or not. I hope they haven't gone bad.... Cobras are expensive (or so I hear)

You haven't lived here long have you?

Whatever, folks who cant handle sunshine belong in Seattle, you'll get your wish soon enough. Maybe we will all remember to thank you. yellaf.gif

I'm with you Josh thumbs_up.gif Ya gotta love them short summer skirts!!! grin.gif

I took a look at the ice cliff glacier, and that thing is essentially not climbable now. BIG fucking schrunds and crevasses, discontinuous snow in the upper couloir, etc, etc. The Price is a ski, as is Buckner. Besides, everybody knows that ice climbing when it isn't cold and snowing isn't ice climbing. grin.gif

Seriously, I want to get on some water ice. And water ice is hard to find in August.

I don't have cobras.

Smoker said:

Sphinx said:

I've had too much sun and not enough pain. It's always warm, the weather is perfect, there aren't any interesting conditions in the mountains, my tools haven't been used for six months. LET IT END! PLEASE, LET IT END! cry.gifcry.gif

You haven't lived here long have you?

Whatever, folks who cant handle sunshine belong in Seattle, you'll get your wish soon enough. Maybe we will all remember to thank you. yellaf.gif

I'm with you Josh thumbs_up.gif Ya gotta love them short summer skirts!!! grin.gif

Hey asshole, I live in Seattle. The sky is fucking clear and it's like 75 degrees. Why pretend that Seattle gets a bunch of rain...it doesn't. moon.gif

Why whine about winter. You guys suck.

FALL IS COMING!!! The trees are turning colours already. mushsmile.gif

You know what dat means

SLABTEMBER

ROCKTOBER

Rock climbing time! Alpine peaks with red and yellow meadows, warm days, cold nights, golden larches, no crowds and no bugs.

Fall alpine ice and seracing

Cragging in the Valleys with the smell of woodsmoke, fallen leaves carpeting the ground, and snaffles hurrying past to bury a few last nuts snaf.gif

Beer drinking and climbing parties with friends bigdrink.gif despite the best efforts of Beck boxing_smiley.gif

FALL IS THE BESTEST TIME OF YEAR!!!!! DONT BE WISHIN FOR WINTER JUST YET THANKS!!! thumbs_up.gifwave.giffruit.gifbigdrink.gif

Dru said:

Why whine about winter. You guys suck.

FALL IS COMING!!! The trees are turning colours already. mushsmile.gif

You know what dat means

SLABTEMBER

ROCKTOBER

Rock climbing time! Alpine peaks with red and yellow meadows, warm days, cold nights, golden larches, no crowds and no bugs.

Fall alpine ice and seracing

Cragging in the Valleys with the smell of woodsmoke, fallen leaves carpeting the ground, and snaffles hurrying past to bury a few last nuts snaf.gif

Beer drinking and climbing parties with friends bigdrink.gif despite the best efforts of Beck boxing_smiley.gif

FALL IS THE BESTEST TIME OF YEAR!!!!! DONT BE WISHIN FOR WINTER JUST YET THANKS!!! thumbs_up.gifwave.giffruit.gifbigdrink.gif

fruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif I must agree

Dru said:FALL IS THE BESTEST TIME OF YEAR!!!!! DONT BE WISHIN FOR WINTER JUST YET THANKS!!! thumbs_up.gifwave.giffruit.gifbigdrink.gif

I gotta agree, but then again experience shows that every season has at least one day that moves me to declare, "This, THIS is my favorite season." But Dru, every word you said about fall is true, and I too am looking forward to it. The air, the light, things are already feeling different. thumbs_up.gif

Off_White said:

Dru said:FALL IS THE BESTEST TIME OF YEAR!!!!! DONT BE WISHIN FOR WINTER JUST YET THANKS!!! thumbs_up.gifwave.giffruit.gifbigdrink.gif

I gotta agree, but then again experience shows that every season has at least one day that moves me to declare, "This, THIS is my favorite season." But Dru, every word you said about fall is true, and I too am looking forward to it. The air, the light, things are already feeling different. thumbs_up.gif

True. I think summer is my least favorite time of the year, though it really isn't all that bad. I just like change, and lots of it. thumbs_up.gif