Kid's ropeup.

Bug

Chatter Creek looks good for a large group. There are plenty of tent sites, a few open tables, and one shelter with a table and fireplace. The trees are big and the area is way up the canyon so expect some cold nights and mornings. wave.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THere is one big boulder in the middle of the ste but it is mossy and damp. Probably a few good boulder problems somewhere on it. It is big. Otherwise, what I saw where a few good looking smaller crags here and there a little ways up the hill. There could be some stuff closer. The road is pretty closed in for the most part. It would take some exploring. Maybe we can have some kids put up a few FA's and name them.

There are a couple more pics up in the Washington State gallery. Two from Chatter Creek and another from the swimming hole on the Wenachee reiver. Definately stop and swim coming or going. There are a lot of great places to hang out.

I am still in. Sounds like fun. First day of school and first camping trip in one week. Damn, sure grow fast don't they. Not sure where that campground is though. Is anyone bringing one of those full body kid harnesses just in case I can get him to give it a shot (he's 3).

I imagine setting up a few top ropes in the 5.2 to 5.7 range. Anyone know a really good place that has multiple top ropes close together? I don't know the good kid friendly places up the icicle. It would be good to post where we think we'll be climbing for Sat and Sun for those who might want to show up for just the day. Also, I'm not opposed to doing a regular pitch or 2 pitch climb with my kid but obviously it would need to be with another parent kid because I aint gonna let my 8 year old belay me on lead!

Barney's Rubble is good if it isn't already overrun.

Another option might be to have someone take the kids Sat AM, another person Sat Evening (cool weather), Another Sun Am etc.

During the heat of the day, we might want to be in the Wenatchee river.

kitten said:

When is the bug fest? grin.gifI think I understood this being on the weekend of September 7-8th - True? cantfocus.gif

September 6 and 7 is sat and sun. I will plan on showing up Friday night probably. I hope you can make it! If I understand right, Chatter Creek is reserved for us. Bug and Hillweasle and I seem to be the 3 behind this. We really hope this attracts anyone who has kids to show up. It could be a good event for those who have spouses that "dabble" in climbing too. My wife plans on coming and she's a dabbler.

I might bring bikes and swimming stuff too!

kitten,,

"bug-fest" campsite is scheduled from 3pm Friday Sept, 5th until 2pm Sunday, Sept. 7th. rockband.gif

Billygoat,,

here is a link to the services available at this site. (I have never tried this adding attachments thing so we will see if it works)

Click on Amenities from that page,

Anyway, it looks like there are fire rings and a fireplace in the covered shelter. so bring that wood. don't know if there is a camp maven on-site to sell us some. grin.gif

http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/wa/chat/newindex.html

local number for other questions is (509) 548-6816.

I am real jazzed up for a good time.

See ya.

-hw

"rock hanging" ?????

what ??? you don't have any rock hangings on the wall at your house? laugh.gif

you may also note that they clearly state that;

"this is not intended to be an all-inclusive list"

therefore, there could be these amenities....

garbage vaulting

toilet rings

tent watching (also at the park) cantfocus.gif

opps ... the thread is starting to drift. Now, where is a moderator when you need one? fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Later.

-hw