NE Buttress on Steinbok

jrb

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snoboy said:

Dru said:

you need pins and the gates are both locked and there is no one in camp anymore to open them for ya. good luck. thumbs_up.gif

Should read - "Both gates are locked, you need pins." hahaha.gif

the locks are inside bell cans I think. hard to get at the lock. mad.gif you could always call cattermole and ask to borrow a key?

I'll try n' call em tomorrow.

What;s the story on the road going up to Bardean and Vienesse etc... are they really going to re-grade it so a 2wd car can get up there? I'd really like to know, cuz I'd like to extend the life of my truck (the road takes a good decade off the life of your truck). Any ideas when it'll be 2wd?

Thanks,

Mike

I miss BS'ing with that old fart in the camp. When I was last through there, he was about to shut down and was pretty upset. He said it was because of NAFTA.

Anyways, if you do get through the gate, the approach can be somewhat tedious. I can tell you that the wack'in sucks! So two options might help. 1. From the last switchback, B-line straight for nearest talus above. 2. From the end of the last switchback, head straight over the woods, then up.

That is my experience, someone else (Dru) might know of a secret trail.

The blueberries should be getting ripe (they delayed us a half-hour last year). grin.gif

Also got stung by wasps in the leg. madgo_ron.gif

Dru said:

the locks are inside bell cans I think. hard to get at the lock. mad.gif you could always call cattermole and ask to borrow a key?

bullshit linear thinking. hinges are not in cans. sometimes the hinge pins aint even capped from below so you can just lift up. then theres the utility of a $30 pipe cutter. rolleyes.gifmoon.gifwave.gif

• 10 months later...

Has the original Flavelle/Howe line ever been repeated? (I thought K2 was filmed on the east face Dru) Does anyone have any first or second or third (I'll even take fourth) hand info on any attempts or successes on the buttress?

Thanks!

Slabbin D-nizzuts