Nests on/near Godzilla?

HRoark

I'm not really sure if this belongs here or not, I'm quite new to the site. Has anyone heard rumors about raptors on, or near, Godzilla at the Index Lower Town Wall?

I climbed it recently and noticed what looked like nest fragments and guano in the vicinity to the right. I happened to mention this in passing to a friend who works for the Sierra Club in the area. Right away she mentioned that would look into it. I received an e-mail from her several days later which said that several of her colleagues were going to look into it.

I think I've made an error in telling her. She's pretty committed to her work, and I think she might raise some flags. I've climbed at Index a couple of times and never seen nesting raptors, but maybe I was there at the wrong time.

Howard

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buckaroo said:

There's no raptors on the lower wall, there are some for sure on the upper though, lot's of pigeon carcasses below on the right side.

Stepped around a corner on Madsen's Ledge once and startled a falcon. She freaked, took off, spun around and came back at me talons first. I beat feet out of there pretty fast.