morons!

philfort

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hikerwa, I sure hope that was a joke, for your sake.

There aren't any trees around half of Source Lake. The south end of the lake, and quite far beyond, also has huge piles of broken trees from avalanches that have crossed the lake. Considering the avie danger was high to extreme (natural avalanches certain), not a good place to be. Who knows the whole story though, maybe they were off in the trees on the 'safe' side of the lake, and got hit by a small sluff...

Dan Smith and I were above Source Lake a few years back and nearly got snuffed by an extremely large slide. It was so unbelievable, we both just stood there and gaped as the entire mountain seemingly roared past us like a freight train, only a few feet away. Truly dangerous place.

Alex

I've seen people bivy on the little rise just south of the lake. I don't know exactly where these guys were. The other winter a slide off Bryant came down right to the lake. It's track was about 5' deep and 40' wide. Like a freight train. That place is got to be the worst bowl in the Snoqual. area. shocked.gif" border="0

Yeah, last Monday I think, 16yo kid caught an edge while snowbording out of bounds off a 30-40' cliff. Had a helmet, but reports say he landed hard, head first, probably broke his neck. Guess he was DRT (dead right there)

We were just leaving when the ambulance was pulling in. Bummer. Caught it on the news when I got home...