Self Matters July 16

Stefan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a quotes thread than I will add my favorite.

"In memories we were rich. We had pierced the veneer of outside things. We had suffered, starved and triumphed, groveled down yet grasped at glory, grown bigger in the bigness of the whole. We had seen God in His splendors, heard the text that nature renders, we had reached the naked soul of man."

Ernest Shackleton describing the end of the crossing of South Georgia Island, May 20, 1916

ncascademtns said:

If this is a quotes thread than I will add my favorite.

"In memories we were rich. We had pierced the veneer of outside things. We had suffered, starved and triumphed, groveled down yet grasped at glory, grown bigger in the bigness of the whole. We had seen God in His splendors, heard the text that nature renders, we had reached the naked soul of man."

Ernest Shackleton describing the end of the crossing of South Georgia Island, May 20, 1916

"We took risks. We knew we took them. Things have come out against us. We have no cause for complaint." From Admiral Scott's diary, found after his entire team froze to death near the South Pole

I've always loved it. It's too long for the autosig limitations, if you want to credit the source, that is, or I would be using it instead.

Folks back then like Shackleton, Scott, Bird, Amundsen, et al and later Harrar, Herzog, etc. were just too large for life. Really admire people of that ilk.

sobo said:

I've always loved it. It's too long for the autosig limitations, if you want to credit the source, that is, or I would be using it instead.

Folks back then like Shackleton, Scott, Bird, Amundsen, et al and later Harrar, Herzog, etc. were just too large for life. Really admire people of that ilk.

Don't forget Hellmer Hansen (Amundsen's mate), hence "Helly Hansen"

trask said:

iain said:

Scott was an arrogant moron!

Iaxxx, I think you'll agree that most overachievers are arrogant morons.

I would rather think I can do anything and try, than believe I can do nothing and prove it.

trask said:

iain said:

Scott was an arrogant moron!

Iaxxx, I think you'll agree that most overachievers are arrogant morons.

I had a beautiful draft post all ready to send, but I deleted it because I figgered it would be obvious. Thanks trask; you said it in less words.