Tuesday, 7/15 Pub Club

chelle

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beck said:

whatinthuhellis wrong with you people? hellno3d.gif Can't we find, oh, say, a half dozen venues that work, and stick with them? All this regionalist bullshizzle that seems to go on more and more every week, would't it take a lot of frustration out of the where?where?where? every week

It's been suggested many times before, Beck. However, lots of folks around here would rather have something to bitch about and a reason to call each other names than to try something sensible.

It's entertaining and all, but it DOES keep attendance down because some people don't really think they have time to wade through all of that garbage. And for those of you who want to meet some of the local legends, a certain Mr. Beckey keeps asking me: do you know where the climbers are going to meet next week? All I can say is "no. "

Greg_W said:

So, someone call it already. Mattp - you are the venerable elder here. Make the call, the lemmings will follow (myself included).

That's been tried before, Greg. After two days of arguing about how much smoke here or bad parking there or who's turn it is, and maybe an angry exchange of hostile pm's, I've been asked to call it. Why don't you?

mattp said:

Greg_W said:

So, someone call it already. Mattp - you are the venerable elder here. Make the call, the lemmings will follow (myself included).

That's been tried before, Greg. After two days of arguing about how much smoke here or bad parking there or who's turn it is, and maybe an angry exchange of hostile pm's, I've been asked to call it. Why don't you?

Okay, I'll call it at the Kort Haus. With sketchy parking on Lower Queen Anne coupled with the girl's basketball thing I think parking will be fucked. See you all there!!!

A little history lesson for y'all. Back in the day, not long after this whole pub-club thing started, way before Pube Club Dave got his nickname from his weekly exhuberance, back when there were folks with names like Dynamite, Jules and yes, even Caveman, in attendance....It was indicated that I was "out of line" when I noted that Tacoma was being dismissed in an agreed upon venue rotation. I was called A BIG BABY FOR FIGHTING OVER WHERE WE'RE GOING TO DRINK BEER!!!!

Now, it is a weekly fight, even between venues in Ballard, AND IT'S NOW FOUR PAGES LONG!!!!!

Here's your Pube-Club:

alb9.jpg