Sky Pilot TR (I suck)

snoboy

So finally on the third attempt, I managed to get up Sky Pilot last summer by the West Buttress (F 4th 400m). I would call it a nice 3rd class route, despite the guidebook.

I didn't get the pics 'til this week. Friends! rolleyes.gif

The road has been blocked by a barricade of boulders since some local youths went up there and drove off the side of a cliff. frown.gif It hinders access unless you have a mountain biike, or you feel like adding a few hours of dusty logging road to the hiking. We didn't feel like it. smile.gif

2753sky_pilot_up_side_mog-med.jpg

There is a short 4th class step on the route that is nowhere near where the photo in Alpine Select says it is. This was easily conquered via the 3rd class climbing to the left. yellaf.gif

Then it was time for a snack.

2753sky_pilot_snoboy___pack_-med.jpg

The climbing is not hard, though the route finding threw me off the time I tried to follow the old guide. The new one is much closer to the actual route.

2753sky_pilot_howe_sound___snoboy-med.jpg

2753sky_pilot_summit-med.jpg

Then of course we had to go down, and that was fun too.

2753sky_pilot_down_mog.jpg

bigdrink.gif

Participants: snoboy, wildgardener, and the truck. wink.gif

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jordop said:

thumbs_up.gif Is the road now washed out before the boulders? Should've bought a mog . . . . . smirk.gif

I haven't been up since last summer.

What I have heard though, is that you can still 4WD to the boulders, but even a mog won't get you past that point. THey pulled the road right back and restored the grade of the slope.

This is what I have heard, I don't know if it is true.